Author Topic: Doc Rivers post game quote truly Celtic-like!  (Read 2860 times)

Doc Rivers post game quote truly Celtic-like!
« on: May 30, 2008, 11:43:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
"We don't want this, We don't want the silver ball. We want the gold ball!"

Doc Rivers has officially become a Celtic forever with this quote. This is something straight out of Russell, Red and Larry.

Congrats to Doc Rivers on a couple of well coached games to close out this series!

And Congrats to all the Celtic players who made it all possible!

Re: Doc Rivers post game quote truly Celtic-like!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
TP to Doc for that.  ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:53:33 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Can we finally give Doc some credit? All his critics act like you just throw this team out there and they'll win if he stays out of the way. He had to bring together a bunch of guys who never played together before, get them to buy into a system, stay together and win. He did that. They had the best record this year and are going to the finals. He is a good coach. It's time we all acknowledge that!
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:54:19 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Regardless of who made it, the move to Posey on Billups in the fourth was the coaching adjustment of the series.

And it ought to keep LA awake at night. When Posey's dialed in, he can stop anyone in this league.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
"We don't want this, We don't want the silver ball. We want the gold ball!"

Doc Rivers has officially become a Celtic forever with this quote. This is something straight out of Russell, Red and Larry.

Congrats to Doc Rivers on a couple of well coached games to close out this series!

And Congrats to all the Celtic players who made it all possible!

Its a team effort, and coaches are a big part of that team - I think people have been quick, lightning quick, to point out when things go bad that its Doc's fault, but he's as culpable as anyone on the team, its all about the team winning - and that team extends to the sideline...I've been a Doc supporter since day one, and this feels so good for him to get his retribution on everyone who doubted him.  I'd love to go back to all those threads where people insisted this team couldn't make it to the finals with Doc as their coach... all the people who said their 3rd grade sister could do a better job.. but we're not at the promised land yet... when we get there, I'll be the first to post the "I told you so" thread, because it will be oh so needed.  Doc and Pierce's hug and playfulness just showed the comradre these guys have - they know he knows the game, they understand there's only 5 spots on the floor, they're in it to win it, and it feels good!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Awesome quote. Doc did an amazing job tonight, next up, taking out that fraud Phil Jackson, do it for Red.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 12:18:12 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Regardless of who made it, the move to Posey on Billups in the fourth was the coaching adjustment of the series.

And it ought to keep LA awake at night. When Posey's dialed in, he can stop anyone in this league.

Very astute.  Posey was supernatural tonight coming in on sparing minutes.  I've felt for a while now that Posey more than anyone else feels that this ride is his.  What a player he has been for us.  I hope he reads this blog to know how much we recognize his contribution.