Author Topic: Paul Pierce is going Home!!! (Beat LA!!!)  (Read 6218 times)

Paul Pierce is going Home!!! (Beat LA!!!)
« on: May 30, 2008, 11:21:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Going against his hometown team for the championship. I expect Paul to be going off especially in games in LA. BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Paul Pierce is going Home!!! (Beat LA!!!)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25:56 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Hey, can we sign Billups as a backup point guard for the Finals?

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:31:20 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:34:49 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Haha loved Pierce's on court interview after the game.  He is enjoying the ride baby.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:35:57 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
No one deserves to go to the show more than Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett...No celtic more than PP - (man I wish they could bring Employee #8 along, even as a ballboy)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
No one deserves to go to the show more than Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett...No celtic more than PP - (man I wish they could bring Employee #8 along, even as a ballboy)
lol I bet you anything Antoine will be at one of these games, if not all of them . Pierce and him are pretty close , I am sure he is pulling for Pierce to get a title

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 11:39:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
This is being written prior to Game 6, because for some reason, I knew we would in Detroit- Wow, it has been 21 long, hard years and we are back to the place where dreams are delivered  and anything and everything is possible....Say it out loud...Celtics. Vs. Lakers...Finals....The 80's were filled with matchups/games that can never be relived but here we are again- Same Teams, new players...KG Vs. Gasol....PP vs Kobe. Perkins vs. Who Knows......Rondo vs. Fisher??..Call me blinded by the Celtic Green but I actually believe we will win emerge champions with these matchups...Yes, I know our coach does not have an abundance of rings on his finger..hell, he does not have any besides matrimonial, but that is alright....because whenever we have needed to win this year, we have..plain and simple...I believe KG is going to rip Gasol a new one and dominate him on many levels. His great D will eliminate one big offensive option on the Lakers..our stifling D will frustrate the Lakers team...and our stars will shine on the biggest stage of them all....Kobe and his experience will not be enough to stop this march towards 17..We are going to dominate the boards, suffocate Kobe with double teams, blow by there pg with a high speed bullet known as Rondo and survive the coaching handicap....who i guess is not such a handicap in hindsight(reserve the right to change my mind again if game 6 does not happen the way it should)

For a team that is still learning how to play with one and other, let us reflect on the magnitude of what we have accomplished so far. Yes, we have had some bumps along the way but this is the playoffs and we should never expect teams to just role over because we suddenly have a new Big 3(still not buying that nickname until I see 17 raised to the rafters). We survived a Lebron led team that made the finals last year, and a Detroit team that has been in the conf finals 6 years straight..all of this with an inexperienced Playoff coach and inexperienced Big Game Playoff stars on our team.Thanks to Paul Pierce, we emerged from the Cavs series with a win..Thanks to Ray Allen and Big Perk and KG, we emerged from a crucial game 5 vs. the Pistons with a win...Thanks to somebody tonight(my guess would be KG- here is hoping the talk with Russell comes through tonight with a killer performance once again). I am positive the killer instinct will come out..period.

Celtics Lakers....We are blessed this year by this team...and Celtic Nation...the best is still to come....For those of you who did not experience the Celtics vs. Lakers in the 80's, you are in for a real treat....It is like Redsox vs Yankees in the championship series and then maybe some..at least in a baseball game you can catch your breath...get ready....

Number 17 is there for the taking and I believe we are going to take it...

Go Celtics! and Beat LA!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:45:17 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Wow. I'm soooo happy for Pierce! Pierce brought it home in the 4th.  He did not want to play a game 7. 

Everyone's going to be talking about Kobe, but Paul sometimes matches Kobe in head to head matchups, because he plays great in his home town.  It's going to be a great Finals!  Pierce is going to go OFF! ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Wow. I'm soooo happy for Pierce! Pierce brought it home in the 4th.  He did not want to play a game 7. 

Everyone's going to be talking about Kobe, but Paul sometimes matches Kobe in head to head matchups, because he plays great in his home town.  It's going to be a great Finals!  Pierce is going to go OFF! ;D

We are the best and brightest basketball fans on EARTH!  Let's stay behind our captain and our team!

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
great comments by Pierce in the press conf. He didn't let that bad call on the 4 point play bother him. He told himself before the game that he wasn't  going to get calls just keep playing, getting upset and getting a T would be selfish.

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Pierce once again put the team on his shoulders and played about as poised a game as you could have asked for.  Great game for the Captain.  So happy for him.

Sweet moment with Doc after the game.

Yup

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
Twenty years ago, when the Celtics injuries started becoming chronic and the Pistons and the Bulls began their ascent, I started to move away from professional basketball. In fact, by the middle of the Jordan years, when the league was drained of talent and everybody wanted to be like Mike, I all but ignored it, including even my beloved Cs. Then in 1998-1999, I became interested again, not only in the league but in the Celtics. By the next season, I was a full-on pro basketball freak and Celtics fan, just as I was in the early 80s watching my childhood hero Larry Bird. At least 60% of the reason for my renewed interest was Paul Pierce. He inspired me to love, obsess over, and study professional basketball again. What greater thing could I say about a player?

Thanks, Paul Pierce, for sticking with us. Thanks for once again taking the team on your broad shoulders, this time leading us to the finals. And no matter what happens next, thanks especially for showing me how great the game of basketball can be.

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
It is like Redsox vs Yankees in the championship series and then maybe some..at least in a baseball game you can catch your breath...get ready....

For New Englanders and New Yorkers, very little tops the Sox vs Yanks history, however, do realize, to the rest of the nation (and much of the world), all northeast residents are "Yankees".

What the Lakers/Celtics have, however, is a true national (and even international) mythological-like rivalry, virtually unmatched in any other sport. I'd witnessed this 'taking camps' scenario, not only in coastal corridors like DC-to-Boston and SD-to-SF but also in Chicago, Houston, St Louis, and abroad (Brazil, Singapore, etc). This is a gathering, like no other in sports history, except for perhaps Brazil vs some western European upstart (again, this changes a bit between the UK, Germany, and others) in some World Cup soccer matchup. Yes, it's that significant!

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 12:37:53 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
4 more wins guaranteed #34 goes into the rafters

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 12:39:46 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

We are the best and brightest basketball fans on EARTH! 

You must be new here....