Author Topic: Bennet Salvatore should be done!!!  (Read 17625 times)

Re: Bennet Salvatore should be done!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Honestly, I think right now the C's should be thanking Salvatore.  If it weren't for his calls in the second half(mostly the Pierce 3), I don't think they would be in nearly as good a position to beat the Lakers as they are.

For the first time, I saw this team show some real mental toughness.  After the Pierce call, they stopped complaining about everything.  It is like they finally realized that the refs are not going to win them the game, so they have to do it themselves, in spite of the refs.  They finally shut their mouths, and let their actions do the talking.

After that call, this C's team finally lost the sense of entitlement that they seem to have been carrying all year, and especially in the playoffs.  The phantom foul is the turning point for this team, and it is the play that has awoken the killer instinct that lay inside all of these players, but was unable to fight its way out through all of the BS and hype that had built up throughout the year.

TP. they showed huge composure late in the third and early in the fourth. not only was there the foul on the shot but another immediately on the next possession.

then we began the 4th with 3 quick fouls.....i thought DET were going to be in the penalty with like 8 mins left in the 4th and win the game at the FT line. but over the next minute, they basically erased the whole deficit and took back the momentum that was almost entirely with DET only seconds earlier.

lots of credit to Paul for not going ballistic and Doc for keeping the team thinking that the game was still winnable....

I agree.

And after reviewing the TIVO, the Pistons got absolutely nothing from the other two officials the rest of the game. Makes me wonder if the call wasn't so glaringly bad that the other two were moved the other direction.

With that said, I'm going to be livid if the Rat makes any sort of an appearance in the finals.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Honestly, I think right now the C's should be thanking Salvatore.  If it weren't for his calls in the second half(mostly the Pierce 3), I don't think they would be in nearly as good a position to beat the Lakers as they are.

For the first time, I saw this team show some real mental toughness.  After the Pierce call, they stopped complaining about everything.  It is like they finally realized that the refs are not going to win them the game, so they have to do it themselves, in spite of the refs.  They finally shut their mouths, and let their actions do the talking.

After that call, this C's team finally lost the sense of entitlement that they seem to have been carrying all year, and especially in the playoffs.  The phantom foul is the turning point for this team, and it is the play that has awoken the killer instinct that lay inside all of these players, but was unable to fight its way out through all of the BS and hype that had built up throughout the year.

TP. they showed huge composure late in the third and early in the fourth. not only was there the foul on the shot but another immediately on the next possession.

then we began the 4th with 3 quick fouls.....i thought DET were going to be in the penalty with like 8 mins left in the 4th and win the game at the FT line. but over the next minute, they basically erased the whole deficit and took back the momentum that was almost entirely with DET only seconds earlier.

lots of credit to Paul for not going ballistic and Doc for keeping the team thinking that the game was still winnable....

I agree.

And after reviewing the TIVO, the Pistons got absolutely nothing from the other two officials the rest of the game. Makes me wonder if the call wasn't so glaringly bad that the other two were moved the other direction.

With that said, I'm going to be livid if the Rat makes any sort of an appearance in the finals.

i'm with you on most of the rest of the game. it was like the officials acknowledged the fact that we didn't put on some huge show and just got back to the business of playing ball.

something i think many of us will admit did not happen in our own living rooms....i would bet that all over New England there was food etc being tossed at TV sets at that moment....

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2008, 09:27:28 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I am a legendary internet poster who is all over the "situation" with NBA officials.

Bennett "The Rat" Salvatore is part of what I call the Circle of 7....these are the officials the NBA uses to manipulate/fix playoff games at their whim.

The Circle of 7 on occassion has changes as a ref mercifully retires and another cockroach takes their place.

Current Circle of 7 List:

Bob Delaney, Joey Crawford, Steve Jobbie (Javie), Bennett "The Rat" Salvatore, Ken Mauer, Jack Nies, Ed F. Rush

There are four refs in the NBA who i do not trust... all four have been mentioned by you(Crawford, Mauer, Salvatore, Rush). For that my friend, you get a tommy point.

No Violet or Bavetta?  The Circle is 9 - it's always 9.

Supreme Court, the 9 Kings in LoTR, the 9 Templars in Assassin's Creed...
God bless and good night!

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »

Offline LakerLanny

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I am a legendary internet poster who is all over the "situation" with NBA officials.

Bennett "The Rat" Salvatore is part of what I call the Circle of 7....these are the officials the NBA uses to manipulate/fix playoff games at their whim.

The Circle of 7 on occassion has changes as a ref mercifully retires and another cockroach takes their place.

Current Circle of 7 List:

Bob Delaney, Joey Crawford, Steve Jobbie (Javie), Bennett "The Rat" Salvatore, Ken Mauer, Jack Nies, Ed F. Rush

There are four refs in the NBA who i do not trust... all four have been mentioned by you(Crawford, Mauer, Salvatore, Rush). For that my friend, you get a tommy point.

No Violet or Bavetta?  The Circle is 9 - it's always 9.

Supreme Court, the 9 Kings in LoTR, the 9 Templars in Assassin's Creed...

Violet Palmer is an atrocious official.  She misses lots and lots of calls.  However, Violet, while terrible yes, tends to miss calls both ways.

She isn't trying to manipulate the game one way or the other, she just doesn't know what the heck she is doing.  I will take her any day, despite the missed calls over the other 7 I have mentioned.

Bavetta is a harder case to figure out.  He has certainly had some controversial games in his own right and appears to be getting less and less competent with age.  At one time, he was one of the better officials in the league (which is like saying he is a good looking feces) but time has not been his or our friend.

Do we really need guys in their late 60s or early 70s trying to run up and down the floor with the best athletes in the world to officiate crucial NBA games?  These are the best guys they can find?

I think not.  You could take any 3 average college refs from any podunk conference and they would do a better job than the Joey Crawford's, Ed F Rush's and Bob Delaney's of the world.  But gasp, they might actually officate games in an honest and unbiased manner and God forbid we risk that.

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2008, 11:51:26 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
i googled to learn more of your "legend" which includes getting banned from the spurs forum.  way to go.

in any event, violet doesn't "miss" calls.  very rarely does any official "miss" a call.  more often than not calls are purposefully omitted or purposefully fabricated.

to claim that bavetta and palmer are not part of the "in-crowd" is asinine.

But gasp, they might actually officate games in an honest and unbiased manner and God forbid we risk that.
this i can agree with
God bless and good night!

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »

Offline BCelts

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Bennett is one of the worst, most anti-Celtic biased officials in the NBA. I really hate to keep harping on these few refs who ruin the game for the rest, but it's becoming so blatant, that we've got to complain, or nothing will ever be done ... it's one of the few tools that we have.

I'm also writing another email to the NBA and Officials web-sites, as this was one of the worst calls in a very long time. The announcers on ESPN2 just called it "the worst call of the season", and that's saying something, after the end of the game "no-call" in the Spurs/Lakers series that brought so much wrath.

This was blatantly horrendous, and the only satisfaction came with the boys winning despite of it, and the class that Pierce handled it with, by not losing composure or getting ejected. Salvatore should certainly be fined and suspended for this one, but I doubt that a single thing will come of it .... another problem in the "system" that needs tweaking.

Horrible call, and you should be ashamed, Bennett!

I need the link to write in as well.  I am still p---ed off about this call days later.  While some people will say "let it go, the Celtis won" I have let it go as it pertains to the Detriot series.  I just feel obligated tolet the NBA know that their core fan base cares and wants to see improvement in consistent officiating.