Author Topic: Bennet Salvatore should be done!!!  (Read 17640 times)

Bennet Salvatore should be done!!!
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:05 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
Coome on.  The no call on the last play by Powe.  the pahtome 4 foul on Garnett.  The Ignoring Sheed abnd giving Perk a tech.  The call on Pierce.  he has unjustly influenced the course of this game.  One: intentionally. two;  he is influence dby the crowd.  Both reasons he shoukd be done.

Re: Bennet Salvatore should be done!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I challenge him to a sword duel to the death

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:57:52 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
Forgive my spelling I've been drinking.  The bottle nearly went through the screen on that Pierce play.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
NBA.com has an officiating comment area. Write them.

I have, and I have called for Salvatore's immediate termination.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:06:23 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Forgive my spelling I've been drinking.  The bottle nearly went through the screen on that Pierce play.
****...these are the moments,you need a few old TV(sets)sitting next to the main one,so you can smash something,right? ;D TP for that one!

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:26:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I said in the game thread, the only explanation I can think for the Pierce foul that doesn't involve Salvatore or the league being crooked is that it was a veteran's response to the league for calling out the refs on the Fisher foul.  The refs had to be embarrassed that the league didn't support their guy on a call that, like the players said, usually doesn't get called there.

Basically a ref with a big ego gets annoyed and says "according to the rulebook, that could be called on the offensive player just as easily for initiating the contact" and then enforces it that way at the next opportunity.  I can easily see Salvatore putting his ego ahead of the league and doing exactly that, as his snotty little way of making a point.

I still think Salvatore should be suspended for the Finals at the very least, and possibly further.  Sadly, I don't think that's a firable offense, especially since the other refs would revolt to some degree seeing one of their own getting fired for a call in response to Fisher.  I don't think the NBA would want to stir up that can of worms.

Still, WE WON!!!!  Despite the bad refs, despite the road...we're in the Finals!!

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 11:32:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Still, WE WON!!!!  Despite the bad refs, despite the road...we're in the Finals!!
Yes agreed.
There is no way that the Pierce 3 pt shot is NOT  a foul.  Horrible call, honestly horribly ref'd series.
In the end we win, great job by all involved.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
****...these are the moments,you need a few old TV(sets)sitting next to the main one,so you can smash something,right? ;D TP for that one!

despite my spelling I've been drinking... that woulda been classic
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:34:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
KG's 4th foul and the one on Pierce's 3 were just ridiculous.  When have you EVER seen that call on Pierce be a foul??

Dust in the wind now...BUT MAN!
Yup

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 11:35:23 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I said in the game thread, the only explanation I can think for the Pierce foul that doesn't involve Salvatore or the league being crooked is that it was a veteran's response to the league for calling out the refs on the Fisher foul.  The refs had to be embarrassed that the league didn't support their guy on a call that, like the players said, usually doesn't get called there.

Basically a ref with a big ego gets annoyed and says "according to the rulebook, that could be called on the offensive player just as easily for initiating the contact" and then enforces it that way at the next opportunity.  I can easily see Salvatore putting his ego ahead of the league and doing exactly that, as his snotty little way of making a point.

I still think Salvatore should be suspended for the Finals at the very least, and possibly further.  Sadly, I don't think that's a firable offense, especially since the other refs would revolt to some degree seeing one of their own getting fired for a call in response to Fisher.  I don't think the NBA would want to stir up that can of worms.

TP for the Salvatore comments. The league will hear from me again if that incompetent clown is allowed to so much as sniff the floor for the finals.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 11:42:53 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I challenge him to a sword duel to the death

Haha.  I'm sure there are tons of us ready for Pistols at Dawn.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 11:45:17 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
so many bad refs in one league. if not savatore one of the many other bad refs will be in the finals

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I have been watching, playing, and coaching basketball for over 30 years, and I have never once seen that play with Pierce called that way. Evidently Salvatore is old enough that he can re-write the rule book as he goes along. Is he a cousin of Dr. Naismith?

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 12:09:37 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
At the very least he should be out of the playoffs. If he wasn't trying to swing the game in one direction, then he really is in rough shape, he was completely lost out there, and really ruined the game for an entire quarter.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 12:12:53 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I have been watching, playing, and coaching basketball for over 30 years, and I have never once seen that play with Pierce called that way. Evidently Salvatore is old enough that he can re-write the rule book as he goes along. Is he a cousin of Dr. Naismith?

I remember one regular season game this year where I think Kenny Mauer called that exact kind of play (Pierce faking 3, waiting for contact, shooting into the contact) as a travel.  I remember being mad then too.  This call was obscenely bad though...

...Anyone remember that game/situation?  I think it may have been the loss to Charlotte.