Author Topic: What 5 shows do you wish they'd bring back to prime time (even if it's reruns)  (Read 12881 times)

Offline vw pirate

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
1)Studio 60...
2)Fire Fly
3)Arrested Development.
4)news radio
5)fire fly/studio 60...

Im sure there is more but fire fly and Studio 60 were just not on long enough.

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Twin Peaks
A-Team
CHiPS
X-Files
MacGyver

You know I always thought it would be great if MacGyver joined forces with the A-Team.  Something like A-Team: The Next Generation!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
in no particular order

-alf
-quantum leap
-the incredible hulk
-jackass
-white shadow

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 02:08:03 AM by dark_lord_rises_again »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
1. Knight Rider (Don't Hassel the Hoff)
2. Three's Company
3. Manimal (!)
4. That's Incredible
5. Star Trek (geeks unite)
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Twin Peaks
A-Team
CHiPS
X-Files
MacGyver

You know I always thought it would be great if MacGyver joined forces with the A-Team.  Something like A-Team: The Next Generation!

Send them to Iraq, that would be an unstoppable force.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Star Trek
Quantum Leap
The Wonder Years
St. Elsewhere
Cheers

China Beach
M.A.S.H.
Time Tunnel
WKRP In Cincinnati
X Files

Wings
Gilligan's Island
The Cosby Show
Northern Exposure
The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin

(Sorry ... couldn't stop at just five!)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Not enamored with all too many shows...and quite a few of the ones I like are still on (House, Entourage), so just two quickies here...

...Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (yeah, I'm a sucker for it)...
...All in the Family...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

agreed on fresh prince.  i have always loved that show and continue to watch it every night on nick at nite

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego

agreed on fresh prince.  i have always loved that show and continue to watch it every night on nick at nite

Atta way, dark lord!  In retrospect...maybe we don't need it in prime time -- the nick at nite marathons have been quite fulfilling -- and I already boggle the minds of friends and family by managing to watch the same episodes time and time again.

I've spent far too many weekend nights enjoying the 9p-330a runs on nick at nite...until I finally realized that it's the same six episodes from 9-12 and 12-3, and that the seventh episode doesn't come until 3 am.

I don't know if I'm more of a nerd for watching six hours of Fresh Prince on weekend nights (at one point in my life, anyway) or a dope for taking as long as I did to become cognizant of the episode scheduling realities of the situation.

Gotta love Geoffrey.

-sw

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Gotta love Geoffrey.

geoffrey is cool, but its all about carlton!!!!
hillary is some serious eye candy too ;)

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
When it comes to nick at night, I was a fiend for "Head of the Class." Is it still on, one of my all time favorite shows.

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
When it comes to nick at night, I was a fiend for "Head of the Class." Is it still on, one of my all time favorite shows.

Not to my knowledge...but they bring stuff back and change up the line-up all the time...sadly, the likes of George Lopez and Home Improvement (growing on me, but I don't need it taking up FP airtime) seem to be infiltrating the air waves, rather unnecessarily in my humble view...don't need any Full House either...

-sw

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
-The State - "Great Taco's today Jake."

-Get a Life -(this might wind up being a case where I'd see the show now and realize that my sensibilities have changed drastically since when I was 12, but I recall laughing) Anyone remember the one where Brian Doyle Murray ate Chris Elliott's pet alien and then the thing put itself back together in the fridge?

- The X- Files - I preferred the ones that wrapped up in one episode and weren't part of the ongoing plot with his missing sister or the Cig. smoking man. I don't think that there really was a plot, and that's just frustrating.

-The Baseball bunch. - I was like, 5 the last time I saw that show. It had Johnny Bench and the San Diego Chicken running around. I didn't really understand what was happening but I know that I liked it.

I can only think of four right now.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
You know what would be an awesome channel would be the "All-specials channel" where they could show all those one off shows that got showed once and never again.

Like Charlie Brown Halloween and Punky Brewster wants to be an astronaught, and the Ewoks fight the Empire on Love Day and Saturday Nite Live 15th anniversary and whatnot

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
fun question.

Assuming these shows are being brought back with the same quality of writing and acting that made them great

Cheers
MASH
West Wing
Wise Guy
WKRP
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.