Author Topic: Hamilton is officially the most annoying player I have ever watched  (Read 17451 times)

Re: Hamilton is officially the most annoying player I have ever watched
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 02:21:08 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Whoever is hating on the team of Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, and Jeff Van Gundy are just plain wrong.  Sure, I was annoyed about Breen thinking every hard foul could be a flagrant but Van Gundy and Jackson give him hell for it, plus that threesome is hilarious to listen to when they are interacting especially Van Gundy.  I hope he doesn't go back to coaching.

Now for Hamilton, I don't think there is any way he has always been like this, but I can't stand the guy anymore.  The most annoying thing he does and it might drive Ray Allen to punch him in the face fairly soon, is on offense, he grabs and scratches and yanks the defender's arms into his chest so it looks like the defender is holding him when he comes off screens.  And I don't understand how the refs are ALWAYS fooled by this move.  It's not real basketball.

On another note, I understand the whole notion of fouling when you are up 3 to ensure that the other team cannot tie but why the heck did we foul with 9 seconds left and prolong the game when the Pistons were out of timeouts and Hamilton was hurt at the other end??  We could have guarded 5 on 4 on the perimeter that entire possession and the game would have been over.

Because with our luck and theirs a 3 would kill us.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
This being the way of the league...I like it when PP sways the ball back and forth, and waits for the defender to reach...and out of a sudden he pulls up for the jumpers and intentionally creates the contact...and gets the foul everytime.   I thinks Paul actually learned this from Antoine Walker...but it kind of evens things out and doesn't let a defender get too aggressive on him!!

that move has been around far before twain for guys with quick jumpers. i remeber MJ doing it, and im sure he wasen't the first.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Hamilton meets his hacking match:

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 02:51:02 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
My favorite Rip-trick this series is when he grabbed Garnet's arm but his grip slipped and he fell backward, and he got the foul called against him...  ::)
Yea,he really took a page out of the old WWF playbook...that reminded me of old pro wrestling techniques on TV,very funny to watch,because i could care less the outcome then,but this is serious business,that he is getting away with,not funny.Its refs duty to call Rip on it,and put a stop to it.

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 03:09:21 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
The "old school" in me says that there's been far more annoying players and that Rip is just the flavor of the week. 

That being said, if he's fine for game 6, then I will seriously question the man's integrity.  As one who loves soccer, "flopping" & acting is the one aspect of the sport that I just cannot stand.  Same in the NBA.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 03:21:41 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
With Rip turning into a huge  actor/flopper,to this magnitude,i found it hard to believe the seriousness of his injury,when it first happened,especially the eye thing.Then the elbow,followed made me a little hesitate to believe it to be as bad as he was selling it.There is an old saying about guys like him,goes something like"the Boy who crys wolf",after awhile,even when he might be telling the truth,no one will believe him. 

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 03:33:40 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
All you need to know about Rip is that he appeared to get his injury by literally putting Ray in a headlock. They showed the replay after Rip got hurt to see what happened, and that's all I saw. Rip harassing Ray like he's been all series long.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Just a thought on all this talk about faking injuries. I think some posters haven't really stepped back to think about what it's actually like to get hurt. Sometimes it REALLY hurts, but maybe only for a few minutes until you shake it off. An easy example is hitting your thumb with a hammer. If there were a video camera to capture your reaction right after you hit your thumb, you'd possibly look like you were dying of pain. But within a few minutes, you'd look fine.

Point is, it's possible to be in incredible pain only shake it off shortly thereafter.

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 04:05:10 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Hamilton meets his hacking match:

TP. Hamilton and Bowen were meant for each other. On a related note... when did the Pistons become the Spurs, in terms of throwing their hands in the air and staring incredulously EVERY time they are called for a foul?

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Have to agree ... maybe if "Rip", (good ironic nick-name for him, by the way), hadn't had his arm around Ray's neck in the first place, he wouldn't have this "injury", (I put it in quotes because I just don't believe any "injury" that Rip has as authentic ... this guy is one of the biggest fakers in the game, and I've seen way too much garbage from him to ever take it seriously).

I honestly can't stand the guy, or his team-mates, and if there were an Academy Award given to an NBA player each year, he'd get it multiple times, (along with LeBron, Bowen, Duncan, Billups, Bryant, Ginobili, Rasheed, CP3, Prince, and many more). I agree that he's as annoying as they come, but not any more so than the rest of his team or those listed above.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 04:12:04 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Just a thought on all this talk about faking injuries. I think some posters haven't really stepped back to think about what it's actually like to get hurt. Sometimes it REALLY hurts, but maybe only for a few minutes until you shake it off. An easy example is hitting your thumb with a hammer. If there were a video camera to capture your reaction right after you hit your thumb, you'd possibly look like you were dying of pain. But within a few minutes, you'd look fine.

Point is, it's possible to be in incredible pain only shake it off shortly thereafter.

Lebron has this down to a science. Him and rip should do a movie titled the faker sisters.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
agreed, I remember watching Rip guard Ray earlier this season Ray was dribbling the ball and Rip fouled him on the perimeter about seven times before the referee called it ( slapping him, pushing, holding, it's unbelievable)

The whole Pistons team is like that.

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Rip does not even come close unless I can forget about the two most accomplished floppers and flailers in NBA history.  Steve Nash and Reggie Miller.

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 05:04:12 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Rip does not even come close unless I can forget about the two most accomplished floppers and flailers in NBA history.  Steve Nash and Reggie Miller.
don't forget divac
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i still have yet to get a response from those who think rip is faking an injury, why would he cost his team a game to prove a point to an offical?

if you believe he's faking, it means that he decided his own personal selling of a call, well after he knew he wasn't going to get the call, lead him to sit out his teams final minute of play for no reason.

as i said, i don't think the injury is catastrophic, but clearly it exists.

rip is many things- a flopper, a *cough* savy veteran* when it comes to getting away with fouls, and a whiner, but ive never seen him quit on his team.

if you really think he just faked an injury to get out of the game last night, you have to believe he was either to stupid to realize they were out of timeouts and would have no way to get him back in the game, or he's the most selfish player ive ever seen, and tossed his teamates under the bus to go fake an injury on the bench.

i happen to believe neither is true.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion