Author Topic: Help me out with my goofy pre game ritual  (Read 6376 times)

Help me out with my goofy pre game ritual
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:23:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
    so, ive mentioned in the support ray allen thread that before every game i play a game of nba2k8 with the current rosters before every home game. (this tradition fails miserably on the road.)

during that game, i try to help out struggling celtics. the last time i did this, game 2, ray had 25 points that night.

so, who do you want to see me run the offense through tonight in virtual game 5? pick 2 starters, and i'll try to get them on track when i get home today.

fan note: if said players are hurting us, topic creator reserves the right to run the pierce-kg pick and roll over and over until detroit packs it in. i'm not losing to virtual detroit under any circimstances.

the pierce-kg pick and roll is NBA2k8's version of the moon to any WR flea flicker of another game. i.e unstoppable.

(TP to the first person who remebers what game that play was litearly unstoppable in due to a bug, i gave you a huge hint already, moon was only in so many football games heh
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:31:23 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Help me out with my goofy pre game ritual
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
It's on the tip of my tonge but I"m stumped (and refuse to give into looking it up lol).

Please run the offence through Ray Allen in your pre-game virtual match.

Please allow Ray to shoot the ball with confidence again.

I'm sick of the shy, reserved, scared to shoot Ray Allen, I want Jesus to show up tonight!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:33:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
If you can use Ray Allen in duplicate use him twice.  Otherwise go with him and Rondo.

Last time I played video basketball it looked like this:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 05:45:07 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:35:30 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
will do, also, i'll give a halftime update here too.

it will help kill time until tip  :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Any chance Moon was the starter in any of the early NFL Blitz games?

Tecmo Bowl seems a bit early for too much flea flickering...but that's a secondary guess...

Since I'm always a supporter of any game-watching or pre-game fan rituals, my two cents on that...how 'bout some run for Leon?

Also, if Doc isn't going to play Eddie, we might as well get the version of Sam that can shoot the ball.  If you've got any power over that, no complaints here.

TP for all fan game ritualizing.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Any chance Moon was the starter in any of the early NFL Blitz games?

Tecmo Bowl seems a bit early for too much flea flickering...but that's a secondary guess...

Since I'm always a supporter of any game-watching or pre-game fan rituals, my two cents on that...how 'bout some run for Leon?

Also, if Doc isn't going to play Eddie, we might as well get the version of Sam that can shoot the ball.  If you've got any power over that, no complaints here.

TP for all fan game ritualizing.

-sw

TP fo you, tecmo bowl was indeed the game. if you ran a flea flicker with a team ( i just used moon because he could throw the farthest) and hiked the ball as the WR came in motion behind the center, the game would "forget" to cover him on his fly pattern.

i threw for 15,000 yards on season with warren, and our average points per game was something like 115.

one of my proudest 11 year old gamer  moments lol ;D

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Wow, Tecmo Bowl was going to be my guess, but that was only because it was the last football video game I played (and loved it).  My brother and I used to have huge battles at Tecmo.    Remember how you sort of had to wait a second to let your opponent pick the right rusher for field goals and point afters?  Well, my brother once booted me out of his apartment because  I snapped the ball before he had a chance to pick his dude and I kicked a game winner in a tight one!
Yup

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 02:01:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
lol yea i rember that, you had to get the third guy down and slant up, and he would run the center over almost every time and get a good look at the block.

so right now i'll run alot of stuff for ray and rondo and i'll (ugh) use sam off the bench and try to get his game going as well. unlike doc i will play both house and sam though  ;)

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »

Offline dorschrm

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
Please utilize the vintage rosters and replace SG Ray Allen with SF Larry Bird...

Run the offense through 33.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i just did this and we lost 120-115 but paul pierce scored 68 points and rondo had 20 assists :-\

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 02:38:16 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Tecmo super bowl = one of the greatest games EVER.

Speed kills in that game - The Bills were unstoppable.  Toss the ball to Thurman Thomas and your headin 40 yards downfield. litz Bruce Smith off the end and you got about 43 sacks and 8 forced fumbles by halftime.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I suggest going into gm mode and firing the coach first then go to sleep and live in sweet sweet dream land
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Tecmo super bowl = one of the greatest games EVER.

Speed kills in that game - The Bills were unstoppable.  Toss the ball to Thurman Thomas and your headin 40 yards downfield. litz Bruce Smith off the end and you got about 43 sacks and 8 forced fumbles by halftime.

In the original game I'd always go with the Bears (and run with Payton endlessly), plus their D was tight, or go with either the Raiders or Lions for the sheer joy of using Bo or Barry!
Yup

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 02:49:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
have you guys seen the youtube vid of the kid using bo to run for the entire 5 minute quarter by going from endzone to end zone?

its hillarious, i'd post it but youtube is blocked here at work. :-\

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 02:53:21 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I want all the offense to be run through Brian Scalabrine, Detroit will never see it coming.