Author Topic: On a Happier Note...  (Read 4287 times)

On a Happier Note...
« on: May 26, 2008, 11:58:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Bartolo Colon has been strong through 7 innings tonight.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/live/MLB_20080526_BOS@SEA

Just looking for some positives.

How `bout them Revolution!
Yup

Re: On a Happier Note...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
[dang] your empty silver linings, Redz! I'm not in the mood.

;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:02:16 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
[dang] your empty silver linings, Redz! I'm not in the mood.

;)

Come on, when Schilling comes back they'll have the best 7 man rotation in baseball.

And they just took the lead!

A win pulls the Sox within a half game of the Rays.  How weird is that to say on the edge of June?
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 12:03:38 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
How about..on a Happier note..we have Home Court Advantage again and we know our crowd will be louder and more emotional then that library crowd tonight...Just win at home and bring on the Lakers and bring me back to the 1986 Finals results

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 12:04:05 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
don't do this to me...I thought Doc was arrested for impersonating a coach.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 12:06:48 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
How about..on a Happier note..we have Home Court Advantage again and we know our crowd will be louder and more emotional then that library crowd tonight...Just win at home and bring on the Lakers and bring me back to the 1986 Finals results

Hate to say it but this team doesn't have the coach, nor the killer instinct to beat LA right now.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 12:07:31 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

No doubt BTB.  Not happy with the game tonight, but bottom line they got the split they needed.  I'm a happy camper.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 12:14:24 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
There are definitely some silver linings here.  We did get one out of two in Detroit.  We did get home court advantage back.  Despite the game 2 loss we do have a great home court crowd and are a very good home team.  They've been in this situation before, 2-2 going home with people questioning them and doubting them.  In fact that's all they know as a group in the playoffs.  We're in the ECF against Detroit, and we're down to a 3 games series.  What more could we ask for?  Let's go out, play some good basketball and get the job done.  Tonight's game would've been great to win, but we didn't and its time to move and and now dwell on its negatives.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 12:18:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
There are definitely some silver linings here.  We did get one out of two in Detroit.  We did get home court advantage back.  Despite the game 2 loss we do have a great home court crowd and are a very good home team.  They've been in this situation before, 2-2 going home with people questioning them and doubting them.  In fact that's all they know as a group in the playoffs.  We're in the ECF against Detroit, and we're down to a 3 games series.  What more could we ask for?  Let's go out, play some good basketball and get the job done.  Tonight's game would've been great to win, but we didn't and its time to move and and now dwell on its negatives.

...all that AND 7 innings of 1 run ball from a reclamation project...smiles everyone, smiles (the Celts did sorta suck tonight, but a loss is a loss)
Yup

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 01:02:28 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sorry, but that's way too brief a grieving period for me .... I'm still in the denial stage, and have no intention of "rebounding" for at least another 8 hours or so.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 06:32:18 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
when we lose i try to hide away from all these nba news(esp bad losses)

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 07:29:49 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
*Hate to say it but this team doesn't have the coach, nor the killer instinct to beat LA right now.*

Correct, Doc is not an inspiring coach. The players know it and we know it. Only his followers think he has appeal. It was a magical season and the glow is fading because of the pressures. Detroit had nothing to lose, after all we were the heavy favorite and even had difficulty putting Atlanta away. That in itself sent signals all is not right in Celticdom.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Sorry, but that's way too brief a grieving period for me .... I'm still in the denial stage, and have no intention of "rebounding" for at least another 8 hours or so.

OK, it's morning now.  Focus on the big picture here.  I'd say the Celtics have played 3 out of 4 games in this series where there heads were not up their buttocks, and Detroit has played 2 games where their heads were. We're in a good place, and as we've all seen so many times in these playoffs, what happens one game has zippo to do with what happens the next.  C's will come out strong in Game 5.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:16:49 PM by Redz »
Yup