Author Topic: It only takes a minute, but it's worth it  (Read 7298 times)

Re: It only takes a minute, but it's worth it
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Being a Celticsblog member who lost a loved one overseas a few years ago and that has a brother-in-law that will be sent in the fray in Afganistan in September, this is both a joyous holiday giving thanks for those that paid the ultimate price to keep our country free and yet sad and mournful as my thoughts turn to my cousin's loss and brother-in-law's future.

I paid my respects earlier with a flag and a prayer and now will soon be going to a BBQ to spend time with my family and brother-in-law.

My all that are in a similar position be blessed and best wishes go out to those family members that are fighting and thoughts of appreciation to those that lost their life in service to their country.

TP, nick.  Best wishes to you and your family.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 02:53:05 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Being a Celticsblog member who lost a loved one overseas a few years ago and that has a brother-in-law that will be sent in the fray in Afganistan in September, this is both a joyous holiday giving thanks for those that paid the ultimate price to keep our country free and yet sad and mournful as my thoughts turn to my cousin's loss and brother-in-law's future.

I paid my respects earlier with a flag and a prayer and now will soon be going to a BBQ to spend time with my family and brother-in-law.

My all that are in a similar position be blessed and best wishes go out to those family members that are fighting and thoughts of appreciation to those that lost their life in service to their country.

TP, nick.  Best wishes to you and your family.

nodding my head.............also a TP for Nick.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 11:51:10 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I am so sorry to hear about your loss nick.  Best of wishes to you and your family.

My twin brother is serving in Iraq now and it looks though I will make another trip there in few months after my move.  As of now half of my coworkers are currently deployed.  This holiday is truly a time of reflection and to give thanks.

Fortunately enough, my family has been lucky.  But I know others that haven't been so lucky and it truly means a lot that their sacrifices are remembered.