Author Topic: ECF Game 4 Celtics at Pistons 5/26 ESPN 8:30 PM  (Read 106308 times)

ECF Game 4 Celtics at Pistons 5/26 ESPN 8:30 PM
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 

Boston Celtics (2-1, 10-7) at Detroit Pistons (1-2, 9-5)
Eastern Conference Finals Game 4
Monday, May 26
8:30 PM ET
TV:  ESPN
The Palace of Auburn Hills 

Probable Starting Lineup

PG: Rajon Rondo   PPG 11.1 RPG 4.20 APG 6.6 EFF + 15.76
SG:  Ray Allen  PPG 13.3 RPG 3.40 APG 2.9 EFF + 12.06
SF:  Paul Pierce    PPG 18.9 RPG 4.80 APG 4.2 EFF + 16.82
PF:  Kevin Garnett  PPG 20.9 RPG 10.20 APG 3.5 EFF + 26.76 
C:  Kendrick Perkins  PPG 6.4 RPG 6.20 APG 0.6 EFF + 11.24

Off the Bench:
Eddie House,  James Posey, Leon Powe,  Big Baby Davis, Tony Allen,   PJ Brown, Sam Cassell

Injuries
Scott Pollard, ankle, out

Inactive
Brian Scalabrine, Gabe Pruitt

Probable Starting Lineup

PG:  Chauncey Billups  PPG 14.7 RPG 2.80 APG 5.3 EFF + 15.08 
SG:  Rip Hamilton  PPG 21.6 RPG 4.60 APG 3.6 EFF + 18.50     
SF:  Tayshaun Prince   PPG 16.0 RPG 6.20 APG 3.4 EFF + 19.00     
PF:  Antonio McDyess   PPG 8.6 RPG 7.10 APG 0.9 EFF + 13.14   
C:  Rasheed Wallace      PPG 13.5 RPG 6.40 APG 1.8 EFF + 15.07   

Off the Bench
Jason Maxiel,  Arron Afflalo, Linsdey Hunter, Jarvis Hayes,  Walter Hermann, Rodney Stuckey,  Theo Ratiliff, Juan Dixon

Injuries
None

Inactive

Juan Dixon, Cheikh Samb, Walter Hermann

Key Matchups
  vs   
Rajon Rondo vs Chauncey Billups
In the games the Celtics have won in this series, Rondo has out played Billups and in the game they lost, Billups come up with a big game.  This isn't coincidence as each of these players is key to their teams' success.   Whether Billups is still injured or not is a subject of much conjecture.  Regardless of  Billups' injury status, Rondo must set the pace for the game and keep the ball moving as well as being aggressive on both ends of the court. 

vs 
Paul Pierce vs Tayshaun Prince
In game 3, Pierce only scored 11 points but he also held Prince to just 4 points.  Pierce needs to continue to play Prince tough on defense but he also needs to be aggressive in looking for his shot on offense as well to make the Pistons work on defense. 

Honorable Mention
Kendrick Perkins vs Rasheed Wallace
Perk was a big factor in the Celtics' game 3 win.  They will need him to be aggressive once again in this game especially on defense. If Perk can once again be just as aggressive on both ends of the court, the Celtics have a good chance of winning. 

to the Game
Defense, Defense, Defense  There is one constant in the Celtics wins and that is their tough team defense.  There is one constant in their losses and that is their failure to play defense.  The Celtics won game 3 because of their defensive pressure and they must bring that in this game if they hope to win another game on the road. 

Aggressiveness and Intensity  In game 3, the Celtics came out aggressive on both ends of the court right from the tip.  They must play aggressively for 48 minutes.   As they saw in the 4th quarter of game 3, if they let up even for a short time, the Pistons will take advantage.  The team that wants this game the most and plays with the most intensity both on offense and defense will win it. 

Ball Movement and Tempo  The Celtics must push the ball as much as possible and they have to move the ball to beat the Pistons' pressure.  When they stop moving the ball their offense becomes stagnant and they have trouble scoring.  But, when they push the tempo and move the basketball to find the open man, they don't have problems scoring. 

Rebound  Rebounding is very important as it indicates the amount of effort a team puts out.  The Celtics out rebounded the Pistons by a big margin in game 3 and they must keep up their hustle on the boards as the Pistons can kill you with second chance points. 

X-Factor
Bench and Role Players
Perk and Rondo along with the Celtics bench came up big in game 3 and they must do that again for the Celtics to win this game.  As shown by the loss in game 2 when all three stars had big games, they need the bench and Rondo and Perk to step up. 

Re: ECF Game 4 Celtics at Pistons 5/26 ESPN 8:30 PM
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:34:44 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
i have a feeling were gona take this one.
now that we finally won a road game, the players will be more relaxed and know what it takes to win on the road during the playoffs.
hopefully we can contain that prick rip hamilton

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Magic has words with Boston's Danny Ainge, as Larry Bird tries to hold Magic back during Game 1 of the NBA Finals on May 27, 1985, at Boston Garden. The Lakers were on the wrong end of a 148-114 score in a game forever known as the Memorial Day Massacre.  (Los Angeles Times)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:53:57 AM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 11:55:29 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
When is the media going to stop give Billups a pass? Game 1 "he's hurt" game 2 "Billups of old" were in trouble now, game 3 "Billups is hurt". Give our d the credit for once. We took care of James, it should be no suprise that we can take this clown either. If he has a good game tonight, are they going to say he healed and in good health?

One other thing...Mark jackson proved to the world why he's not a coach yet and should stick to serving hot dogs. To say "Flip should show the 4th quarter to his team..." Really? You think that a simple trap is the way to dominate us? If that is true , then every coach that we played against should be fired for missing such an easy defensive tactic. You should know better seeing that you want to coach. If you think the pistons could keep up that pace with no fouls called, then you need to be put on meds my friend. Just do me a favore when we win this series and throw yourself(along with you cohorts) under the nearst moving bus >:(
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:15:05 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Today is the 21st anniversary of Bird stealing the inbounds pass from Isiah Thomas.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Today is the 21st anniversary of Bird stealing the inbounds pass from Isiah Thomas.

Right up there with greatest "miracle" wins ever.  I'll never get tired of watching the replay.  I always love watching Sichting jumping up and down while DJ was heading to the hoop.  He couldn't believe what he seeing either.  DJ gesturing calmly to Bird during the celebration to come give him a hug was pretty cool too.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:22:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I feel really good about our chances to pull this out, of course, I've felt really good about our chances in every game since November 1st.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 01:30:20 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Right up there with greatest "miracle" wins ever.  I'll never get tired of watching the replay.  I always love watching Sichting jumping up and down while DJ was heading to the hoop.  He couldn't believe what he seeing either.  DJ gesturing calmly to Bird during the celebration to come give him a hug was pretty cool too.

Redz - i got off on the quiet hug b/w Bird & DJ as well......... pure respect b/w those two guys and i don't get the feeling Bird, deep down, respected that many players, even on his own team.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
 8) Hmmmm, I like the Memorial Day Massacre referance, in todays game thread  ;)

Indeed, CRUSH 'Em and stomp on their throats, with Ray being due to join in another 75 point "Three" total, only this time along with the bench being as productive as we've seen them being all year long.

Get out to a good start and never look back!

-Lets Go Celtics- :)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
My favorite part of that video of Bird's steal was the fact that instead of celebrating as many player would do after hitting the game winning shot with 1 second left, DJ immediately turned to cover the inbounds pass. 

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
My favorite part of that video of Bird's steal was the fact that instead of celebrating as many player would do after hitting the game winning shot with 1 second left, DJ immediately turned to cover the inbounds pass. 

Excellent point FL.  DJ was always doing the right thing out there.
Yup

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
OK, I can't handle it anymore

here's Bird Steals The Ball for the 9-millionth time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NES41TgY888

Oh, wait, that was Bird Steals the Burger

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_RJ5XN8TK8
Yup

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
Why does Hamilton still wear that mask? He should start seeing shrinks regularly.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Let's hear what Johnny Most thinks of Detroit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
I hope we wont see this stupid fouls by Celts today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtiUJYbXtD0