Author Topic: Chauncy's Tattoo  (Read 12489 times)

Chauncy's Tattoo
« on: May 25, 2008, 09:46:48 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Ok, so I was reading that Billups says his favorite tat is his "King of the Hill" on his left arm, but this is so obviously the Celtics logo with his jersey on it (not sure if he originally had the 4 on it or not)  Does anyone know the history of this?  My guess is he got it after being drafted, regretted it when traded to Toronto so had it "fixed up" as to not look like he's repping another team - but I mean c'mon, the cane, the ball, the pose its all the Celtics Leprechaun...and does he think his team can beat boston when he's got them on his arm?  if anyone knows more background on this, I'd be interested

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 09:57:37 AM by cdif911 »
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: Chauncy's Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
As far as I know thats exactly what he did.  I remember he got some sort of Celtics tattoo as soon as he came to Boston (i wonder if Pitino saying he was part of the "Backcourt of the future with Ron Mercer had anything to do with that) and when he got traded he had to change/remove it.

~J

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Ouchh...that hurts if the story behind it is true. I'd hate the Celtics too if i was him

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:51:28 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Tattoo aside, Chauncy's play is the key factor in the Celtics being up 2-1.  It's obvious he's hurt and it's obvious much like the Celtics without Rondo, the Pistons are a totally different team without him.

Steven Smith (my least favorite sports media figure -- tied w/ Rome) went off on Billups' play on ESPN.  Granted, Smith was not giving the Celts an inch of credit and laying it squarely on Billups' shoulders, but his point is taken.  Billups has played horrendous in the two losses and fairly well in the one win.  The question is, did game 2 take something out of him and which Billups will show up on Monday.

I have been impressed with the way these two teams have matched up and to be 100% candid, I did not think the Green had it in them to do what they did last night.  Clarifying that, I thought they had it in them through out the regular season, but for some reason (nerves) had lost it in the playoffs.  Here's hoping that they remain the regular season Green and repeat last night's performance. 
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
I love how time and time again when the Celtics play well the media brings up its not about what the Celtics did, its what the other team (Detroit) didn't do.

Basically ESPN today talked about how bad the Pistons played and not how good the Celtics defense was...

~J

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Haha, it's like getting the name of a girlfriend/boyfriend tattoo'd on yourself just to break up the next day........ it's like that yellowbook commercial

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Chauncy, you Celtic now!

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Very interesting observation here.  The C's logo theory sounds good to me, but I thought there has to be some photo's of Chauncey out there from his rookie year where we could see if this is true or not, so I did some digging.  Granted none of these pictures are great (best I could do) but it looks like he had King of the Hill on his arm even when he was a Celtic, so I would say this is all just a coincidence.

These first 2 pics are not clear, but it looks as if the words "King" and "Hill" are visible on the top and bottom of the tattoo.

And on this last one, you can cleary see the words "of the" on the middle left side of his tattoo

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I love how time and time again when the Celtics play well the media brings up its not about what the Celtics did, its what the other team (Detroit) didn't do.

Basically ESPN today talked about how bad the Pistons played and not how good the Celtics defense was...

~J

yup. its always about the other team stepping up. The national media always acts as if the team the Celtics just beat played far below their potential. I've been waiting all year for ANY one of the ESPN guys to say "I was wrong, the Celtics are an elite team". Hasn't happened yet. And I don't think it will unless the C's take the championship.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 08:11:16 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Very interesting observation here.  The C's logo theory sounds good to me, but I thought there has to be some photo's of Chauncey out there from his rookie year where we could see if this is true or not, so I did some digging.  Granted none of these pictures are great (best I could do) but it looks like he had King of the Hill on his arm even when he was a Celtic, so I would say this is all just a coincidence.

These first 2 pics are not clear, but it looks as if the words "King" and "Hill" are visible on the top and bottom of the tattoo.

And on this last one, you can cleary see the words "of the" on the middle left side of his tattoo

So maybe its a hybrid thing? I mean the cane, the pose (one leg crossed over the other) the basketball being spun on one finger, its clearly the leprechaun...

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

~J

Or how about when the other team shoots like 38 percent from the field going to halftime and they say something like - the Pistons are shooting 38 percent to Boston's 45 percent but is only down by 6. I mean come on cut the crap, ESPN.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 11:00:46 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Here's one from his days in Colorado, pre tat...leads me to further believe he got it when he became part of the "future backcourt"

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 12:20:32 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Man, I don't know what you're talking about, cuz I clearly see the tattoo even in his Colorado days.  Obviously a coincidence  ;)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 12:44:56 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I gotta say, B-b-b-b-billups got a little respect from me after reading this post.  It sucks that the break up came the way it came, but at least you know he wanted to be a Celtic and respected everything enough by getting a tattoo.  I dont blame if he's got a grudge, but I think this shows a lot.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 01:26:23 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I think Chauncey is kind of sad
he didn't choose something else
for his tat.
Or at least the fact that it looks
like he should have chosen someone