Author Topic: Game3 Pistons Opening Ceremony/Video  (Read 4410 times)

Game3 Pistons Opening Ceremony/Video
« on: May 25, 2008, 04:55:15 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
After the extreme highs and lows yesterday of listening to Grande&Max, i was checking around for what the Pistons camp was saying about yesterday before grab'ing my coffe and watching the game my friend just delivered to me on a DvD, and while flip'ing around Need4Sheed, i found the game open'er from the palace (video itroduction and pistons lineup) and i have to say that has to be one of the most well done openings ive seen in a looong time.

The atmosphere must have been electric at the point of the game start.

I was wondering what you guys thought when you saw it during the live broadcast? and what you think now seeing it for the second time? and anyone else that has any other such memorable basketball opener's? bar the ones that is running now in the garden?

Link: http://www.need4sheed.com/videos/2008_ecf_intros.html

Thanks to www.need4sheed.com for uploading the video!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:52:03 AM by Redz »
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

Re: Game3 Pistons Opening Ceramony/Video
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:13:09 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I thought the video was a slap in the face.

Dunking the ball on a logo of the C's as the backboard? Please...

And you can see what separates the C's from other teams we don't flaunt mediocre success like ECF appearances....that just means you weren't good enough to get to the Finals and win most of the time.

Their intro announcer was pretty weak too....why do you need to manipulate your players' names like that....it doesn't sound cool just very lame and cheesy.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:42:58 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I guess its about the eyes that see's it!

If you see this though the eyes of a biased Celtic fan i think you wont find it exciting to watch, in fact i think your reaction is the most rational one (therefor the question of what you thought when you saw it on game night)

The intro to a game, is to get your sixth man into the game early! and when i saw it, i wasnt thinking "Celtics v/ Pistons" i was just trying to look at what the intro was trying to acomplish and if it did it well and i have to say, if i were emotionaly invested in that team and i were in the arena when that intro went on, i could not imagin my self not going completly bonkers from adrenalin.

I found it inovative, different and while trying to put my self in a piston fans shoes, it had to have been really exciting to behold (the name annoucing aside, not a fan of that eighter)

I had the same reaction the first time i saw Kevin scream at everyone from the jumbo-tron! i guess im a sucker for the theatrics (doubt i spelled that correctly)
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:03:10 AM »

Offline shahpound

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
I thought the announcer was pretty good for the starting line up. "From the get down playgrounds of Philadelphia..." was my favorite line

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:29:13 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I thought it was okay. I like ours better, though. A lot better.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Re: Game3 Pistons Opening Ceremony/Video
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 08:58:13 AM »

Offline chrismcc13

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
i thought that limp bizkit remix in the beginning of the ceremony was pathetically stupid!! haa me and my girlfriend were laughing our arses off! so glad we don't play that crap in the garden.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
i thought that limp bizkit remix in the beginning of the ceremony was pathetically stupid!! haa me and my girlfriend were laughing our arses off! so glad we don't play that crap in the garden.

That's Kid Rock, not Limp.  He's from Detroit.

I hate Detroit's announcer, but he seems to get the fans pumped up.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I went to the game and that place was going insane during the pregame. The place was a madhouse. Our team really needed that good start to keep the crowd at bay.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

That's Kid Rock, not Limp.  He's from Detroit.

I hate Detroit's announcer, but he seems to get the fans pumped up.

Correctomundo.  Good catch, Roy.  "Bawitdaba" I think.

I'm always a booster of showing the introductions on TV -- gives us a nice feel for the atmosphere there, and it's one of my favorite parts of going to a game anywhere.  Personally, I didn't think the video was all that powerful (and while I understand the Detroit connection, they need to move on from the Kid Rock music), and I'm not sure I buy the "Let's market our 6 ECF appearances, of which we've only won two of the previous five" gimmick either.

That said, I've written before that I'm a huge fan of Mason, the Detroit PA.  Has to be one of the coolest guys in the league.  Opponents aren't going to like him, and that's just the point.  He does a great job getting the crowd into it, and they love him in Detroit.  Last night was one of the less impressive performances I've heard from him, and he was still great.  I'll dislike the team but not the messenger who brings us the team.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I thought it was okay. I like ours better, though. A lot better.

I thought it was downright bad. The music didn't pump me up at all, and the video was average at best. The Celtics ceremony isn't disrespectful to other team. It is a video showing clips of intensity and passion, mixed in with several great plays. The Pistons video is more about glorifying their accomplishments than anything else.*

*from what I remember. I saw it before the game so its a little hazy.