Author Topic: Jemele Hill Latest Piece of Trash  (Read 16740 times)

Jemele Hill Latest Piece of Trash
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080523&sportCat=nba

Yeah, Spurs-Pistons would be the better match-up.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Re: Jemele Hill Latest Piece of Trash
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm not even going to read this, Jemele Hill is the biggest piece of crap writer ESPN has. Writes about nothing and makes issues about nothing.  The boiling point for me was when she wrote that piece of crap column about LeBron yelling at his mom. What a piece of garbage and waste of internet space.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:22:54 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah...  does anybody seriously think the league is manufacturing a Lakers / Celtics finals?  I mean, it would be a dream matchup, but I don't think anybody seriously thinks the NBA is pulling the strings to make that happen.

Even if there are a few conspiracy theorists out there, I'm pretty sure the league and fans in general would prefer a marquee matchup of several stars, exciting basketball, and the most storied rivalry in the NBA over the snooze fest that would be Detroit vs. San Antonio.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 12:24:41 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yeah...  does anybody seriously think the league is manufacturing a Lakers / Celtics finals?  I mean, it would be a dream matchup, but I don't think anybody seriously thinks the NBA is pulling the strings to make that happen.

Even if there are a few conspiracy theorists out there, I'm pretty sure the league and fans in general would prefer a marquee matchup of several stars, exciting basketball, and the most storied rivalry in the NBA over the snooze fest that would be Detroit vs. San Antonio.

I'm quite sure that if there was some sort of conspiracy to get the Celtics to the promise land we wouldn't have been put in a position to play 2 game sevens, and beeing vastly dominated in the free-throw department.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 12:50:03 AM »

Offline spelz

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 13
The worst part of the whole article was when she said we should cheer for a Detroit - Spurs final if we are fans of great defense (and then added Boston may be the best defensive team left).  I mean what kind of crap is that.  She cotntradicted herself in the same sentence.  I lost a lot of respect in ESPN in even printing this piece.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:54:01 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
The worst part of the whole article was when she said we should cheer for a Detroit - Spurs final if we are fans of great defense (and then added Boston may be the best defensive team left).  I mean what kind of crap is that.  She cotntradicted herself in the same sentence.  I lost a lot of respect in ESPN in even printing this piece.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Jemele Hill Era at Page 2!

Ugh.

She's long been next to Scoop Jackson and Skip Bayless on my "Won't even bother" list.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:56:42 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Atlanta vs Golden State would be a swell matchup too, but they're already home awaiting the company of the Spurs and Pistons so they can all cozy up on the couch together and watch the best rivalry in the leagues history square up in the Finals for the 11th time (Celts are 8-2 vs LA/Minn.)
Yup

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 12:59:24 AM »

Offline swebb87

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Wow, that was absolutely terrible.

There's only one other person ESPN has that is worse. And it is the white female reporter who is occasionally on Jim Rome is Burning, and First Take. She is completely clueless.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 01:44:43 AM »

Offline heatnum119

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Stan Van Gundy after losing in the semis.
Shes a huge homer anyone that has seen her on Cold Pizza- I mean First Take knows this.  She always slurps Detroit, it never fails. Swebb, are you talking about Bonny Bernstien? She fills in for Rome once in awhile and shes terrible. Its funny too, because whoever writes the "burns" at the beginning and end of the show writes them like Rome is still hosting because all of the slang terminology he always uses is the burns.

-heat
"I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophise you, and Im gonna out last you!...'I am like God, and God like me. I am large as God, he is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be.' Silesius ,17th century" -Max Cady

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 01:46:43 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I think she's a Pistons fan. Also I think she is controversial for the sake of being controversial, she offers no other insight really so that is her only draw.

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
And the Celtics aren't good citizens, don't play team basketball, and aren't the best defensive team in the NBA?

Let's review why she wants to root for a genuinely boring finals:
- It proves that the NBA isn't somehow fixing it's games.
- Real fans like watching boring basketball.
- Tim Duncan is good.
- Kevin McHale traded KG to the Cs because he secretly wants the Cs to win the Championship.
- The Pistons did it "the right way," by drafting and making clever pickups.

Whoa there! Let's pause for a minute. Did we not get KG and Ray because of Danny's good drafting? Do we not still have Rajon "why didn't you take Randy Foye, Danny" Rondo running the show for a 66-win team? She says the Pistons drafted Maxiell... We have a couple of undersized, overlooked 2nd rounders of our own who are playing big roles. You say Prince, I say Posey. You say Rip, I say Ray. McDyess is a good story, but wasn't P.J. running laps around his local track a few months ago? That seems like a pretty good story to me, too. Jemele can try to say otherwise all she wants, but the Cs vs. Lakers is simply the matchup to root for if you're a fan of the NBA. That column was an absolute failure. She probably sat down at her desk saying to herself, "how can I make the case for a Pistons Spurs series? That'll get the attention on me." Well, she was able to write the column, but not much more than that. You know you're desperate to rationalize your home team being the most exciting when you stoop to the level of accusing the NBA of fixing games, as well as simply naming off the players of your team one-by-one. Isn't that what fans are supposed to do? "We have Chauncey, and Rip, and McDyess, and Sheed, and Rodney Stuckey, so we're better than you are!!!"

Okay, done with my rant now.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 02:01:59 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
mentioning the KG trade with the Gasol trade in the same sentence is ludicrous. The Celtics actually gave up some talent and a decent pick.

I'm with her if she talks conspiracy theory with the Lakers. Can't think of a more lopsided trade in NBA history. And If you are going to mention McHale then you can't ignore the Jerry West ties to Memphis and L.A.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 02:06:11 AM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
did she really call nba players "and 1 wannabees"?
Ya Jemele, everyone in the NBA wishes they could be on the And 1 tour. And ya Jemele if anything the Celtics have been getting screwed by the referees during these playoffs. The same woman who wrote an article saying that Kobe Bryant is better than Jordan, is now calling Kobe an And 1 wannabee and trying to make SportsCenters top 10.
I have never read a good article from her and i turn off the TV when she is on. She is everything I dont like in a sportswriter.
There is no conspiracy if the Celtics and Lakers make it. They both finished at the top of their conference and have great players.
Jemele Hill writes garbage articles and usually turns everything into racism, sexism, or any other type of ism. If the Celtics and Lakers make the NBA Finals, it will be racism at its worst somehow, leave it to her to find out how. But its fine though because she can scream racism and all this stuff and then do an interview article with Rick Ross. Hey Jemele, go read the lyrics to his songs before you write your next article on racisim or disrespect. Clown.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Was going to go on some rant about this but it seems like everyone here already summed up my feelings.  What a horrible piece.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
mentioning the KG trade with the Gasol trade in the same sentence is ludicrous. The Celtics actually gave up some talent and a decent pick.

I'm with her if she talks conspiracy theory with the Lakers. Can't think of a more lopsided trade in NBA history. And If you are going to mention McHale then you can't ignore the Jerry West ties to Memphis and L.A.

Jerry West retired July 1 2007 so he had no part in a Gasol to the Lakers trade.