Author Topic: How many shot fakes will it take?  (Read 2162 times)

How many shot fakes will it take?
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »

Offline Weird Facts

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • OOGIE BOOGEY DELONTE
When last years Celtic's team lost to the Pistons on last  second shot-fakes by Chauncey Billups, I understood.  I mean, a team full of young guys, ya no problem I expect that.

But watching this team bite on endless shot fakes makes no sense to me.

All I can think is, "DON'T GIVE THEM ANY CLEAN LOOKS, CONTEST EVERYTHING!"  -Doc

I mean honestly what the hell was that about?

Looked like 5 defensive Gerald Greens on the court last night.  Every time a guy brought the ball above his numbers we were 2 feet in the air.

I understand the Pistons have great shooters, in my mind that is all the more reason to stay on the floor.

You jump at Hamilton, the help D comes, then its Chauncey or Rasheed or Prince open.  I mean you just need to stay at home and play good team defense when they penetrate.

Not scrambling team defense because every guy on the team is biting on shot fakes. 

on another note: It definitely wasn't the refs last night. I agree with the other topic thread someone posted.  I mean we were just making mindless fouls. Sure bash Tony Allen if you'd like, but Posey was just as bad.  He made more stupid fouls than I've seen him make all season.
Fair or bad weather
I'll always be a fan of the green

http://www.cafepress.com/besttees3

Re: How many shot fakes will it take?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Well said. Last night I called this team was bad fundamentaly. You can't leave the floor and play defense unless you are elevating with your guy. Did they all miss that in camp growing up?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
By the way, I laugh whenever I see that pic of doc and delonte.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
"DON'Tgive them any good looks, contest everything, ADDED just jump vertical!"  -Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
they were tired and fatigued...

i heard a quote on the radio from doc how he was more concerned about game 2 than he was about game 1.  and he was obviously right.  when you're tired you won't play as hard on the defensive end.  there were many mental lapses last night - it's unfortunate, but it's in the past.

ironically enough, it was tony allen who made the best play of all on the "pump fake" when he got a hand up and ran right by the guy, causing the shooter (can't recall who) to brick one from straightaway.

van gundy pointed out in game 1 that the pistons are a jump-shooting team...the celtics need to play smarter defense and stop biting those pump fakes.  we should NEVER get out shot from the foul line by this team...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 01:13:34 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
they were tired and fatigued...

i heard a quote on the radio from doc how he was more concerned about game 2 than he was about game 1.  and he was obviously right.  when you're tired you won't play as hard on the defensive end.  there were many mental lapses last night - it's unfortunate, but it's in the past.

ironically enough, it was tony allen who made the best play of all on the "pump fake" when he got a hand up and ran right by the guy, causing the shooter (can't recall who) to brick one from straightaway.

van gundy pointed out in game 1 that the pistons are a jump-shooting team...the celtics need to play smarter defense and stop biting those pump fakes.  we should NEVER get out shot from the foul line by this team...
yes nice one by Tony Allen
and I agree its was mostly a tired Ray Allen who was using most of his energy offensively
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!