Author Topic: Doc's gotta see  (Read 5029 times)

Doc's gotta see
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:24:42 AM »

Offline thechief22212

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
when we go extended minutes with a pierce, house, brown, posey, davis/powe lineup were crippled offensively to the point where even if we D up well were gaining nothing on the scoreboard. there needs to be 2 of the big 3 on the court at all times, we give away too much offense sticking with this lineup where only 1 player can consistently put the ball in the hole

Re: Doc's gotta see
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:28:27 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
when we go extended minutes with a pierce, house, brown, posey, davis/powe lineup were crippled offensively to the point where even if we D up well were gaining nothing on the scoreboard. there needs to be 2 of the big 3 on the court at all times, we give away too much offense sticking with this lineup where only 1 player can consistently put the ball in the hole

Doc couldn't have played them together any more than he did last night. Ray Allen in foul trouble didn't help matters much. Played Pierce 47 minutes and Garnett 41... you can't ask much more from Doc in this regard.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:30:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
With Ray's game returning, there should no longer be minutes played without 2 of the three stars in the game. 

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Yep.  Doc's playing regular season lineups in the playoffs. :-\

Don't think that's why we lost though.  There were plenty of reasons for the loss.

1.  Rondo had a great line, but hurt the team by passing up shots, which usually turned into a turnover or shot clock violation.
2.  Bench didn't do anything.
3.  Defense wasn't that good.
4.  Pistons hit every tough shot
5.  Committed too many stupid fouls
6.  No plays for KG in the 4th.
7.  Pierce rarely drove to the basket

Not that it would have meant a win, but I thought this was the night for Cassell.  Rondo was passing up open shots and House didn't do anything.  The exact reason Sam was brought here I thought.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:36 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
TP for Bankshot.  I agree with every point you made.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 12:41:09 AM »

Offline thechief22212

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
the magic house ride is over, can't be counted on to bring the ball up anymore bc the pressure clearly gets to him. billups and stuckey are a far cry from delonte and damon jones

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
the magic house ride is over, can't be counted on to bring the ball up anymore bc the pressure clearly gets to him. billups and stuckey are a far cry from delonte and damon jones

Yes, they dogged House tonight big time.  He had a hard time several times with the ball.  The only issue I have with Doc tonight was after seeing how ineffective Eddie was in the first half, he should have gone to Cassell in the second.  But, the thing we all know about Doc is it sometimes takes him a little bit longer to react to things.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 12:54:01 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

Yes, they dogged House tonight big time.  He had a hard time several times with the ball.  The only issue I have with Doc tonight was after seeing how ineffective Eddie was in the first half, he should have gone to Cassell in the second.  But, the thing we all know about Doc is it sometimes takes him a little bit longer to react to things.

House didn't play well tonight but he didn't play terrible but i Would have liked to seen Sam.

I just don see why Doc didn't put posey on Prince instead of Hamilton and Stuckey. He was getting abused by them. Doc's in game adjustments are awful.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 12:59:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

House didn't play well tonight but he didn't play terrible but i Would have liked to seen Sam.

I just don see why Doc didn't put posey on Prince instead of Hamilton and Stuckey. He was getting abused by them. Doc's in game adjustments are awful.

He has little choice right now. 

Ray was in foul trouble. 

Tony hasn't played in to long.

House and Rondo are really to small.

I think it is Pierce that has to step up and take that matchup when Ray is out. 

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 01:05:28 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
With Ray's game returning, there should no longer be minutes played without 2 of the three stars in the game. 

I agree.  Although I don't think Doc had much of a choice in this game, with Ray in foul trouble.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I don't agree about Pierce - he played an excellent game, IMHO. Actually he again hit some crazy hard shots - I worry that we could get blown out if he has an off night..

Pete

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 02:00:58 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Good idea. Let's have no one defending Hamilton.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 02:04:33 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Billups and stuckey weren't the problem for House. The problem was Hamilton and Hunter. When they pressured House, he couldn't do anything. Hamilton's longer reach and poking really caused problems for House, and Hunter completely disrupted his dribble.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 03:00:14 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

Good idea. Let's have no one defending Hamilton.

yeah that's what I'm advocating. Lets double team Prince at all times and not guard Hamilton. ???

I know this hard to fathom but take the guy who was guarding Prince most of the game and play him on Hamilton when Ray is out of the game and Posey is in. By the way...Pierce guarded Prince for most of the game. 

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 07:38:01 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Rondo and KG shouldn't be on the bench at the same time and one of Paul or Ray should always be playing.