Author Topic: Anyone notice Rasheed at the end of the game?  (Read 4723 times)

Anyone notice Rasheed at the end of the game?
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:05:41 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
As much as everyone boos Rasheed Wallace and gives him a hard time, I actually like him alot.

And he actually helped me with not being as mad as I normally would be after this loss.  Anyone notice him singing along to Guns N' Roses at the end of one of the timeouts in the final minute of the game?

I was laughing so hard.  I understand that it's the playoffs, its the eastern conference finals, and you're playing for survival right now, but I'm one of those fans that actually likes it when players openly show that they're still having fun and thats what Rasheed showed me at the end of the game.  Granted he knew that his team was probably gonna win so he was in a better mood, but was still funny anyway haha.

Re: Anyone notice Rasheed at the end of the game?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:10:10 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I loved it when he did that, and i really like Rasheed as a player. I'm glad he can appreciate good music.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:11:14 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He was airguitaring to "Welcome to the Jungle" before the tip, too.  I'm not a Sheed fan, but heck, made me laugh.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:14:10 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I loved it when he did that, and i really like Rasheed as a player. I'm glad he can appreciate good music.

I won't go that far...cause I hate Guns N'Roses personally haha.  I think Axel Rose has a terrible voice.

It was just so unexpected for me to see haha that's what made it so funny.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 08:07:46 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i hate the pistons as much as anyone in the world, and i was miserable all night long. i have to admit, when i saw that, i cracked up. that was hysterical!
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
I'm definitely a Rasheed fan. I don't really care for the rest of the Pistons, but Wallace is a cool guy and a great player.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:40:40 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34

And he actually helped me with not being as mad as I normally would be after this loss.  Anyone notice him singing along to Guns N' Roses at the end of one of the timeouts in the final minute of the game?

I did notice that. I remember thinking how can a guy who gets upset with so many technicals during the game be that relaxed in a timeout singing along to Guns N' Roses? lol Especially when he's on the road and the songs really being played for the home team/crowd. I laughed too.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:01:30 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I think Axel Rose has a terrible voice.

what? axl rose has one of the best and most recognisable voices in the music industry.

sheed does crack me up though, never saw him air-guitaring if someone can get me a gif or video that'd be awesome.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
i was at the game and laughing as well when i saw Rasheed singing.  did you notice that KG was singing as well and bobbin his head to the song?

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
You reckon us fans get just a bit more nervous about these games than the players do?
Yup

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
You reckon us fans get just a bit more nervous about these games than the players do?

This is one hundred percent true..it is always easier to control your own destiny by your own actions rather then being at the mercy of someone else

As much as I despise the Pistons, seeing Rasheed was pretty funny but I do not like him facing our team....Hoepfully, in Detroit, KG will be singing Paradise City as hopefully Detroit will become that for us when we win a game on the road!

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 01:27:57 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
yeah most of them are more relaxed during the game than us fans.. but before the game i think theyre more nervous

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 02:17:10 AM »

Offline phantom

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Sheed is easily one of my favorite non-Celtics.  And something tells me Kevin would think so as well, they both approach the game in similar ways and are on the eccentric side.  You can tell these guys would get along famously, even in the way they greet before games.  Lots of respect going both ways.
I want Boston to play the Pistons in the playoffs every year just so we can have more Sheed on our screen.  He, Shaq and Kevin are maybe the three most entertaining personalities in the game.