Author Topic: it was NOT the refs  (Read 12791 times)

it was NOT the refs
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:39:26 PM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
can we just stop with blaming the refs every time we lose?  the better team won tonight.  for every call that went our way i can point out a call that went their way.  you only notice the calls against us because that is what you are looking for.

Re: it was NOT the refs
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
The refs had a smaller role this game. But we have to hand to to the Pistons. They exploited our slow rotations with threes. The better team tonight won.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
uhhhhhh the past few series it HAS been the refs. Tonight, not so much so, although they did miss a few key calls (hamilton's driving floater was charge).

C's take AT LEAST one game on the road. You heard it here.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett
our lack of D down the stretch killed us.  our offense was sticking with them shot for shot.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 11:46:10 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
uhhhhhh the past few series it HAS been the refs. Tonight, not so much so, although they did miss a few key calls (hamilton's driving floater was charge).

That is what bugs me is missing key calls down the stretch at crucial points in the game. They can't be blamed completely unless the Celtics play perfectly which they did not but refs didn't call the game perfectly either.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
The Celtics also need to limit their fouls. Alot of them were really stupid stupid fouls. Especially Rondo's face grab. Instead, our head coach was shown chuckling after the foul. Why didn't he pull Rondo aside after that?

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 11:48:32 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 11
I admit that our D stunk, but come on now.  Were any of Allen's first three fouls legitimate???  NO!!!!!!  How about the time that Hamilton lost the ball going up and Ray had his hands straight up in the air as the ball lodged against his chest.  That was a foul???  Allen got fouled at least 2-3 times BLATANTLY with no call.  How about Billups shooting the three and House being two feet away and Chauncey sticking his leg forward at about a 90 degree angle and kicking him in the testicles???  Come RMCC:-)))  The Pistons went to the line more than we did on OUR home court!!!  The refs took us out of our game early in this one by putting the Pistons in the penalty unbelieveably quickly.  You simply CANNOT deny that.

That being said, we deserved to lose this game due to our horrendous perimeter defense.  Absolutely horrible.  We WILL win Game 3 or 4 or both however.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett

the only game that was incredibly one sides was game 7 against the cavs.  in any other game i can name a bad call for our opponent for every bad call against the celtics.

saying that, i agree we will take at least one on the road.  allen seeming to get his stroke back is HUGE.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 11:52:14 PM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett
I admit that our D stunk, but come on now.  Were any of Allen's first three fouls legitimate???  NO!!!!!!  How about the time that Hamilton lost the ball going up and Ray had his hands straight up in the air as the ball lodged against his chest.  That was a foul???  Allen got fouled at least 2-3 times BLATANTLY with no call.  How about Billups shooting the three and House being two feet away and Chauncey sticking his leg forward at about a 90 degree angle and kicking him in the testicles???  Come RMCC:-)))  The Pistons went to the line more than we did on OUR home court!!!  The refs took us out of our game early in this one by putting the Pistons in the penalty unbelieveably quickly.  You simply CANNOT deny that.

That being said, we deserved to lose this game due to our horrendous perimeter defense.  Absolutely horrible.  We WILL win Game 3 or 4 or both however.

bad calls will always be made. if you are being objective, point out what calls went against the pistons? 

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 11:57:41 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I won't say the refs cost us the win tonight because we lost this games on our own.

We made some moronic fouls and the Pistons made the foul shots.

The Pistons made a number of outside shots when we made our 4th quarter run...but it was those free throws that gave them the cushion.

We gave this game to them.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 11:58:01 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
The pistons play defense with there hands and they don't get called for a lot of cute stuff..

The difference is the Cs are not cute with there fouls...the Pistons foul you so often it is not possible to call all there fouls
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 11:59:33 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
Please RMCC, show me a more blatant call going against the Pistons than House getting his balls kicked up into his intestines.  PLEASE!!!  Show me a more ridiculous call than Ray Allen being called for a foul vs. Rip when Rip lost the ball on his OWN in the air and Ray had his hands straight up in the air.  PLEASE!!!  I will gladly shut up IF you can do that for me:-))

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 12:01:33 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Please RMCC, show me a more blatant call going against the Pistons than House getting his balls kicked up into his intestines.  PLEASE!!!  Show me a more ridiculous call than Ray Allen being called for a foul vs. Rip when Rip lost the ball on his OWN in the air and Ray had his hands straight up in the air.  PLEASE!!!  I will gladly shut up IF you can do that for me:-))

Ray didn't have his arms up in the air, he had it besides his body. He didn't move them.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett

those were both bad calls. no matter how bad they were, they were just 2 fouls.  the celtics got just as many breaks.  go visit a pistons blog and it's like they were watching a different game.

outside of die hard celtic message boards, the refs were a non-issue.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 12:12:21 AM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
Thanks BudweiserCeltic for the clarification.  You are correct.  That really makes it even a WORSE call IF that is possible.  I forget the other 2 first half calls vs. Allen, but I do remember that one of the two was almost as equally ridiculous.