Author Topic: Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight-Pre game, W/Pat Gilroy @7:30, EDT.  (Read 1843 times)

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight-Pre game, W/Pat Gilroy @7:30, EDT.

After the riotous post game show, following game 6 of the Cavaliers series, we've decided to tone things down a bit, with the sedate Patrick Gilroy of Celtic Pride as our guest.

Pat does the post game shows on ESPN radio. He will join Justin and my self for the first segment of our show and then "The Duke" will bring us a live report from “The Garden.”

One of the more interesting aspects of this post season has been the tendency of fans and writers alike to single out the occurrences from the last game only and ignore the series as a whole.
Yesterday's goat is today's hero and vice versa.

In that light and trying to preserve the seriousness of the occasion, we bring you some observations from outside the region by  Ethan and Amir of CollegeHumor.com.

Amir: The Pistons look they're even boring themselves at this point. How can you be a real fan of this team? Flip Saunders even turned to one of his assistants in the third quarter and asked "Is there anything else on?"

Ethan: I'm not a fan of the Pistons; they bore me, too. But the Celtics aren't exactly a thrill a minute, either. That Cleveland series was unwatchable until Game Seven. Even LeBron seemed to know it; he compared himself to Dominique Wilkins after the series ended. Shouldn't you compare yourself to someone who won a title? There's only limited glory in being the Tom Chambers of your generation.

While the Celtics appeared to play game 1 with a steadiness and poise not seen so far in these playoffs and Detroit seemed to be a lot less frightening than either the Cavaliers or the Hawks, this is a seven game series.

The Pistons will be out for blood tonight and of course the Celtics have teased us with some dominating games in those other series.

We won't find out if the road woes will continue, but we should see a different energy level from the  Pistons and whether the Celtics can string two consistent performances. My guess is that this will be a very rough game. Detroit does not back down.

If you have a question for our guest or the show you can call our toll free number (1.866.751.9649), send us an e-mail to CSL@CelticsBlog.com, or join us in the “pit” (chat room) during the broadcast.

We hope you will join us.
JB - "Yes Indeed!"