Author Topic: Player interviews, announcers, and analysts  (Read 2087 times)

Player interviews, announcers, and analysts
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Is anyone else sick and tired of the same basketball expressions being peppered in the NBA. Every time I listen to a player give an interview they say "We've got to be aggresive." It does not even matter what the question is anymore. "We've got to be aggressive." is the answer that satisfies any question an interviewer could possibly give. Through the 08 playoffs this year, with all the player interviews I have seen, about 90% say "We've got to be aggressive" "We've got to stay aggressive" I understand that aggressiveness is obviously an important factor to any sporting event, but the question is, why do 90% of all players say this?

Announcers are absolutely in love with "High IQ." Every time I hear the phrase hes a "High IQ" player I get sick to my stomach. It has to be said at least 3 to 5 times a game. The expression has been used so much it has lost all meaning.

NBA analysts are always saying "facilitate the offense." "He is a great facilitator" Facilitate the  offense has become the latest fad saying among the analysts. This had to be said, because with the amount of basketball I watch, these sayings are killing me. Yeah, they are appropriate, and sensible, but how about a thesaurus?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:56:02 AM by Jeff »

Re: Player interviews/announcers/and analysts
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 02:29:37 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I agree that these and other "popular" terms are way over-used and get to be irritating as all-heck. Unfortunately, we as consumers are as guilty as any of perpetuating this culture that's so motivated by the "catch-phrase". Much of the time, the media focuses on and repeats these popular phrases so they can seem more on the level of the consumers, who are the ones making the terms popular in the first place. I'd say the media was more responsible, but I think they're just way too busy aggressively facilitating their high-IQ agendas! (Sorry ... couldn't resist).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *