Author Topic: ESPN Coverage: Horrible  (Read 1638 times)

ESPN Coverage: Horrible
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:57:09 PM »

Offline xmarkd400x

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
When I watch games on ESPN, I feel like I am watching a commercial for the NBA that is based on the game being played.

When the Celtics were playing the Cavs, there would be some (ok, many) calls that seemed like "Bron Calls" at first glance. There would then be a stoppage of play, and ESPN would cut to a clip of something that happened four plays ago. This persisted throughout the playoffs.

I don't know why it happens, but when it does it's infuriating. It seems like the refs make questionable calls, and ESPN 'creates' credibility by not replaying questionable calls.

/rantoff

Re: ESPN Coverage: Horrible
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:05:45 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
When I watch games on ESPN, I feel like I am watching a commercial for the NBA that is based on the game being played.

When the Celtics were playing the Cavs, there would be some (ok, many) calls that seemed like "Bron Calls" at first glance. There would then be a stoppage of play, and ESPN would cut to a clip of something that happened four plays ago. This persisted throughout the playoffs.

I don't know why it happens, but when it does it's infuriating. It seems like the refs make questionable calls, and ESPN 'creates' credibility by not replaying questionable calls.

/rantoff

It has happened in all national televised games... and it bothers me a lot too.  They rarely show replays of the play that just happened, and they rarely show plays on questionable foul calls. It does bother me.  In local games, we almost always got replays on foul calls.