Author Topic: Charles Barkley: the difference between Lebron and MJ  (Read 8447 times)

Re: Charles Barkley: the difference between Lebron and MJ
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 07:51:54 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Oh please, like no one has ever scored more than 40 against MJ. I am not sure how to look up such a stat but I bet someone has done it. And even the greatest defenders have bad nights time to time. I think Lebron was much better defensively this year anyway.

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 08:25:10 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Barkley may be right about MJ not letting Paul score 41 in a deciding victory but I wonder if MJ could have held Lebron to as low a field goal percentage as Paul did in this series?

Well, if Pierce and the Celts could do it, I see no reason MJ and the Bulls couldn't.  I'm not taking a shot at Pierce in any way, but Michael was a much better defender than him, as was Pippen, and those Bulls teams played phenomenal team defense, especially once they signed Rodman.

I don't think Charles was taking a dig at Paul Pierce. I think he was taking a dig at Lebron.  Lebron is the one wearing 23 and he's the one who said Michael Jordan is this guy he looks up to.  So Charles was telling Lebron, if you want to be like Mike or better then Mike, you got to play better D. 

Charles was wrong MJ would not have spot Pierce because it would have been Pippen.  Pierce plays the small forward and Pippen was a small forward.  Pippen would have shut down Pierce.

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Barkley may be right about MJ not letting Paul score 41 in a deciding victory but I wonder if MJ could have held Lebron to as low a field goal percentage as Paul did in this series?

Well, if Pierce and the Celts could do it, I see no reason MJ and the Bulls couldn't.  I'm not taking a shot at Pierce in any way, but Michael was a much better defender than him, as was Pippen, and those Bulls teams played phenomenal team defense, especially once they signed Rodman.

I don't think Charles was taking a dig at Paul Pierce. I think he was taking a dig at Lebron.  Lebron is the one wearing 23 and he's the one who said Michael Jordan is this guy he looks up to.  So Charles was telling Lebron, if you want to be like Mike or better then Mike, you got to play better D. 

Charles was wrong MJ would not have spot Pierce because it would have been Pippen.  Pierce plays the small forward and Pippen was a small forward.  Pippen would have shut down Pierce.

I took it as a dig at both of them.

The implication was "This isn't Kobe Bryant you're letting score on you, it's Paul Pierce".  Of course, that's silly, when Paul gets hot he's as elite as they come as a scorer, but that's what Charles was suggesting.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 09:20:20 AM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
wow that tnt crew really sucks there so much a** the laker barkley oh the laker bench and OMG miller say l don't think the spurs can come back from this lost dude the where blow out by the hornets the two first game and what happen  ::)

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I think the bigger difference is Jordan never would have been held to such low scoring numbers with such a poor field goal percentage, over the majority of the course of a series. MJ and Lebron are very different, have very different styles, and very different mentalities, at least to this point, Lebron is only 23.

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
wow that tnt crew really sucks there so much a** the laker barkley oh the laker bench and OMG miller say l don't think the spurs can come back from this lost dude the where blow out by the hornets the two first game and what happen  ::)

Just like Lebron's dunk in game 6 signified the end of the Celtics' season and the Cavs would win game 7. LOL
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »

Offline kgiessler

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 96
hah...with no regard for human life!  What a classic line.  There was a collective "Huh?" across the basketball community.

I hope that when the Celtics and Pierce get a ring, in the postgame conference Pierce says something like "I'm just glad my career did end up championshipless like Charles Barkley or something"
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do." - Franklin