Author Topic: Why are we so Glum?  (Read 5596 times)

Re: Why are we so Glum?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I used to joke about it, but it seems there is an actual possibility that this team will win a championship and still not be playing or coached to a level of satisfaction for some percentage of their fan base.

That's just weird to me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:15:50 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
The Celtics haven't performed like they should (specifically on the road)

We are all waiting for them to go one way or the other. 

Either they wake up on the road and play to their potential

or

Someone eventually knocks them off in Boston. 

I think this just about sums it up.  I went to the game last night and found myself not as enthused as I thought and I truly think its due to the fact that this team has a serious Jekyll and Hyde syndrome and until they win on the road I am fearing the worst.

Call it a Red Sox hangover if you will.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I used to joke about it, but it seems there is an actual possibility that this team will win a championship and still not be playing or coached to a level of satisfaction for some percentage of their fan base.

That's just weird to me.

I think thats because a lot of fans want this group to be one of the best all time teams. And there isn't enough time for that to happen (chemistry/experience-wise). This team was built to be like the Pistons, or poor man's Spurs. And that is still a pretty darn good place to be!!! I just want to see a championship trophy in the Garden!!!  ;D

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 06:36:14 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.

That's just weird to me.

Redz, I don't think there has been one time you've said something I've disagreed with.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

That's just weird to me.

I think thats because a lot of fans want this group to be one of the best all time teams. And there isn't enough time for that to happen (chemistry/experience-wise). This team was built to be like the Pistons, or poor man's Spurs. And that is still a pretty darn good place to be!!! I just want to see a championship trophy in the Garden!!!  ;D

this wont be one of the best ever
but will be close
now...
i have been visiting negative Cs blogs lately just to take a look around  :P

Man those places are lonely this days....
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
In the 80's we were nervous too. But, of course, there were no blogs to hear about it. BUT, we also had a team that we KNEW could compete and had proven it to us (after 1981). 

Given performances against Atlanta and Cleveland, there has been a sense of waiting for the proverbial 'other shoe to drop' rather than the confidence you feel when you know your team will get there.

One piece of solace for me as I await another 'must-win' home game:

After 66 wins, I knew it was a crazy idea to trade one of the 'Big 3' for Calbert Cheaney (insert your choice of a mediocre shooter here).  But, we did, and that has changed our offense significantly.  In the last 2 games Paul Pierce has adjusted, taking control of the scoring responsibilities and handling the ball more like he did a year ago when he was the 'Big 1' -- it's working for the time being as for some reason teams think Calbert can shoot so they stay with him, and of course, KG's presence makes triple teams of Pierce impossible.

Now, I heard a rumor that a Calbert for Ray Allen deal is on the table.  I sure do hope we can get him back in time for Game 2.

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 08:26:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That's just weird to me.

Redz, I don't think there has been one time you've said something I've disagreed with.

Can I quote you to my wife?

Come to think of it, will you marry me? ;D , :o , ;)

and lastly  :-[
Yup