Author Topic: How about some love for Kendrick Perkins  (Read 3718 times)

How about some love for Kendrick Perkins
« on: May 21, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
How about a little love for Kendrick Perkins?  I thought Perkins played his role perfectly last night. Perkins only had 5 points last night but his 10 rebounds, 31.54 minutes played and only 4 fouls jump out to me. 

Perkins also played great defensive on Rasheed Wallace all night.  Two things I took notice of, when KG got two fouls on him they moved Perkins on Rasheed Wallace and Wallace didn’t score the rest of the half.  Then in the 4th quarter Wallace was starting to heat up and was killing PJ Brown.  In comes Perkins and Wallace didn’t score again the rest of the game.   

So yes KG was great, Paul Pierce played very well and Rondo won his match-up over Billups.  But let us not forget the play of Kendrick Perkins in last night game.  He played his position and played it very, very well.   

Re: How about some love for Kendrick Perkins
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:17:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Sure, I got enough love to go around.  Have a litle lovin' Perk  :-*

Perk's had a few games this postseason where he set a nice tone for the team early on on the glass.  Last night was one of them.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Perk has been great during the playoffs.  His defense during the season was good, it has been stellar during the playoffs.  He has limited his mistakes, and in my opinion has been rebounding better.

He was very good last night.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Heh...so, the board's answer would appear to be a polite "No, thanks".  I've got some love for Perk though, he did more or less what we need him to do to be successful - we don't need a lot from the big guy save good defense, rebounding, and a couple of layups.  I really think Detroit is a much better matchup for Perk than Cleveland, so I hope he's able to be successful this series.

I also hope some of the other guys, especially Rondo, will stop whipping passes through the lane at Perk - while he should be able to catch them and make plays, at some point the other people on the floor have to realize he doesn't have the hands at this point to do well with those sort of passes. 

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:46:56 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I like when Perk is shooting the jumper. Although it scares me, I think it is the next step in his overall game.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
He's defense has improved so we need to give him credit.
I must admit that i do get scared when the ball is in his hands. He's gotta pick up the pace too. He's looking like a rusty robot across that court.
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 04:06:43 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Perk has been great during the playoffs.  His defense during the season was good, it has been stellar during the playoffs.  He has limited his mistakes, and in my opinion has been rebounding better.

I agree.  Perk has been excellent throughout the playoffs.  His defensive versatility has been so important to this team, and he really has been so good on the boards (both grabbing them, and boxing out so that others can grab them).

I truly believe that if he continues playing the way he has played through the playoffs, he has to be considered one of the top 3-4 defensive centers in the league.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 04:14:07 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I love Perk and have been one of his biggest supporters since day 1.  He set the tone in the game last night with his rebounding to begin the game.  His defense was also crucial to this win. Perk often does things on defense and setting picks that don't show up in the box score but are key nonetheless.   

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Perk played a very good basketball game last night.   Big boards.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 05:27:55 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
you ask and you shall receive.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Vf9mzP9YvAk&hl=en

True Love
Carl Perkins
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
yeah, perk played well last night. what he did is something he can, and should, be able to do almost every single night. but i was very pleased at the defense he played on wallace. the detroit matchups seem to work for him much better than with the cleveland front line.

about the only mistakes i saw were when a piston would beat the peremiter defense and perk sometimes failed to rotate quick enough and pick the man up and detroit got a lay up. perk knew it too since you could see him pound the ball after the detroit score.

but this may be nitpicking since it did not happen often, and given his reaction i think he will be watching for this more.

i like perk!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 05:43:49 PM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

I agree.  Perk has been excellent throughout the playoffs.  His defensive versatility has been so important to this team, and he really has been so good on the boards (both grabbing them, and boxing out so that others can grab them).

I truly believe that if he continues playing the way he has played through the playoffs, he has to be considered one of the top 3-4 defensive centers in the league.

I love Perk. and I'm not trying to be difficult, but I think Dwight Howard, Marcus Camby, Samuel Dalembert, Tyson Chandler probably take the top 4 spots. Can't truly count out Shaq, look what he did for the Suns defense. Sheed isn't too bad defensively either (I know, I know he's really a pf, but he's listed as C on nba.com and starts at C for the pistons) I'd put Perk right around 6-8 with Haywood and Kurt Thomas... how about Mutumbo averaging 1.83 bpg in only ~20 mins!

oh and I know this has nothing to do with perks D, and other players do this too, but I am getting so tired of him getting called for atleast one offensive foul a game cause of a moving screen!! it's pretty iratating.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Perk played great last night. He was crashing the boards and grabbed huge offensive rebounds. If he plays like this the rest of the playoffs it will make it a lot easier for the other guys.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Perk played really well. He is such an import part of this team. He's such a good low post defender. I'm impressed with how much he has grown skill-wise, and decision-making-wise.