Author Topic: KG Pressuring Sheed  (Read 2270 times)

KG Pressuring Sheed
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I loved the way Kevin Garnett pressured Rasheed Wallace out on the three point line, he made it near impossible for Sheed to make a good pass. It's taken Detroit out of their offense, slowed down their play, made their movement off the ball far less impactful. There was a bunch of times Rip Hamilton came off a screen off the ball but Sheed couldn't get him the ball. KG totally took Detroit out of their Sheed on the high post sets. They weren't effective period.

They killed Orlando with these sets. Rasheed passed over the Magic defense at will, spotting shooters with great opportunities to score. They got a lot of easy baskets out of that.

Anybody else get that warm fuzzy feeling that KG knows every flaw in Flip's offense?

After all he's seen everything that slowed his past teams down and him personally, how to irritate and confuse the situation. He did just that to Rasheed when he tried to pass from the perimeter.

Just beautiful stuff. Great D.

Re: KG Pressuring Sheed
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Yep.  Good stuff.

And Perkins picked up right where KG left off when he got on him.  The only good stretch he had was when PJ gave him a little to much room. 

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
KG played pretty close to a flawless two-way game last night.  Even his hard pick foul was well played.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:03:24 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yep.  Good stuff.

And Perkins picked up right where KG left off when he got on him.  The only good stretch he had was when PJ gave him a little to much room. 

Yep, and in part it was because it's a bad matchup for PJ because of Sheed's quickness, and because of how they were calling fouls on Garnett, PJ might've not gotten close enough to contest as he probably might've wanted.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
I loved the way Kevin Garnett pressured Rasheed Wallace out on the three point line, he made it near impossible for Sheed to make a good pass. It's taken Detroit out of their offense, slowed down their play, made their movement off the ball far less impactful. There was a bunch of times Rip Hamilton came off a screen off the ball but Sheed couldn't get him the ball. KG totally took Detroit out of their Sheed on the high post sets. They weren't effective period.

They killed Orlando with these sets. Rasheed passed over the Magic defense at will, spotting shooters with great opportunities to score. They got a lot of easy baskets out of that.

Anybody else get that warm fuzzy feeling that KG knows every flaw in Flip's offense?

After all he's seen everything that slowed his past teams down and him personally, how to irritate and confuse the situation. He did just that to Rasheed when he tried to pass from the perimeter.

Just beautiful stuff. Great D.

Are you sure that it was great D or were we just lucky. You would think that we were after reading some of the posts and listening to espn. Not many people are giving boston credit for playing great D. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that watched us handle LBJ. I'm glad too see someone giving our team D and not making excuses for Detroit. If I hear about billups' injury one more time as to why he didn't play well, I swear I'll puke.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Good point on the D. TP.

I hope KG keeps doing what he did in game 1 to get back at Flip/McHale for wasting so much of his career.