Author Topic: Chad Ford's First Mock Draft  (Read 21804 times)

Re: Chad Ford's First Mock Draft
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I still want Nathan Jawai for the Celtics. I believe he could give Perk a run for his money.

If there`s a wing player that could replace Tony Allen, I wouldn`t be mad, either.

Anyway, I trust Ainge to pick the right guy. He has always been a very good drafter in the late first round.

I've never seen Jawai play, but from what I've read and some clips I've watched he's a very intriguing prospect. Unfortunately, he's doing lots of workouts, and if he's really good enough to give Perkins a run, he'll probably be gone by the time we pick. But he surely looks good.

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 08:24:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I have never head of Jawai myself, and I looked around and he indeed looks promising... serious consideration should be given indeed.

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 09:59:13 PM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
I wouldn't mind Jawai, but I think he needs to get more work in. The only real ball he's played is in the NBL, where well, the MVP for the last two seasons was Chris Anstey.
He looks nice though and could go places. And with Clifford Ray he could really get somewhere in my opinion.
He is joining the national Australian team in the near future though, and I'd like to see how he goes there before making a judgement (unfortunately I'm too lazy to actually check when they start playing).