Author Topic: Looking back! Ball handling issues against Detroit  (Read 1606 times)

Looking back! Ball handling issues against Detroit
« on: May 21, 2008, 12:05:50 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
After the game was done, i went outside sat down in the pitch black darkness of night that is Denmark at 5:00 in the morning and tryed to soke in what i had just experienced.

And one thing that hit me when thinking back to our past run-in's with the Pistons. The Question marks was allways. Rondo-vs-Billups, KG-vs-Sheed full court press against our second ballhandler.

In our last series, Pierce found him self in the role he had last year with the ball in his hands creating much of the offense off the dribble with Ray's struggles! now its all coincidental but i think a lightbulp went up inside the head of Doc, as i saw a much more a productive Guard off the bench than what we saw in our show downs in the regular season against the Pistons when Ray had the 2nd ball handleing experience.

I wanted to know what you guys think? is the best solution what Doc went with today, forcing Flip to move their best onball defender on pierce, thus free'ing up our Guards? do you think this is an area where both sides will make adjustments?

On a last note, wonderfull night and a AWSOME game!

"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

Re: Looking back! Ball handling issues against Detroit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:25:42 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think you saw some good in game adjustments tonight regarding bringing up the ball especially when Rondo was out.  Pierce shows that he can be effective bringing up the ball and not having the offense run stagnant.  The only concern I had was during the first half when House was attempting to bring up the ball.  I love Eddie but he struggled out there in bringing up the ball.  Once the move was made to switch it up with the ball handling, I felt the offense fell back in sync and things went better.  I have no problems with Allen bringing up the ball regardless who is on him but will admit that the confidence is moreso with Pierce.  The Pistons can't keep up with Rondo in the fullcourt so there are no concerns there.  I thought Detroit was most effective when Hamilton was pressing the ball handler three quarters of the court but they seemed to back off a bit for reasons unknown to me.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team