Author Topic: did LeBron help Pierce's swing?  (Read 2753 times)

did LeBron help Pierce's swing?
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:33:38 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
growing up playing baseball and watching Pierce tonight i thought about swinging the heavy bat in the on deck circle to make the actual bat seem lighter.

it seemed to me that Pierce is moving around so much easier out there and i wonder if after battling LeBron it just feels easier to him....

Re: did LeBron help Pierce's swing?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup.  I think the light bulb went on over Paul's head.

"I'm a STAR"

Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:47:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He's protecting the ball much better and his taking good shots.  I always like when he shoots around the foul line... he seems to be money everytime, though for some reason he often goes away from it.

But man, he has it going, and you can see it in his eyes... a high level of composure and the "I'm the man" stare.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 11:55:59 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
He's protecting the ball much better and his taking good shots.  I always like when he shoots around the foul line... he seems to be money everytime, though for some reason he often goes away from it.

But man, he has it going, and you can see it in his eyes... a high level of composure and the "I'm the man" stare.

yeah, i just really like the way he is moving on the floor......even more than a decision to play big, it just looks like he FEELS freer.....like he had been playing with ankle weights on in the CLE series and now he is able to take them off...

Prince's length can certainly be a problem, but he can't pound and jam Paul the way that LeBron did.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 12:01:21 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Paul probably feels like he played the Cavs series wearing a backpack full of bricks, and tonight it just got taken off.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 12:17:43 AM »

Offline kenrti

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
the pounding he takes guarding Lebron is not there anymore, plain and simple, now he can concentrate more on his offense...
plus, his 41pt game probably gave his confidence a tremendous boost!

Am really glad Pierce is there for the clutch, KG might be the best warrior, but as Simmons says, he's not really good at handling pressure...whereas Pierce has proven numerous times that he thrives on it

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
The answer to your question is ..... Yes and in a big way.

Bron is a bigger test than anything Pierce will see the rest of the way. It'll refine his game by teaching him what he can and cannot do at this stage. It's been awhile, he needed a refresher's course.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
We've also been putting the ball in Pierce's hands more to make plays, when he had those poor games he would get sporadic touches, usually for open three-pointers. When he has the ball at the top of the key and gets to dribble it and navigate it probably gives him a much more confortable feel with the ball in his hands. Pierce doesn't need threes but he does need to have that mid-range jumper going to be effective.