Author Topic: P.J. Smooth  (Read 2950 times)

P.J. Smooth
« on: May 20, 2008, 04:42:33 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
P.J. Brown talked about "being in the flow" in regards to his big shot Sunday.  It's unbelievably great timing to see P.J. getting back to the point where he feels confident in his shot.  The man is smooth.  He's brought a calming influence to this team.  Coupled with Eddie House's return to prominence, I love Brown as the steadying force off the bench.  He seems to be almost robotic out there, but most everything he's doing is a positive.  I don't expect we'll see the offensive input we saw from Brown in Game 7 on a nightly basis, but there has been a clear upward curve in his production and Doc's trust in him.

P.J. could be huge this series.
Yup

Re: P.J. Smooth
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:48:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'd love to see how good this team could be if it was firing on all cylinders. 

P.J. is doing exactly what he was brought in to do, and he's looking good doing it.  He brings an element that neither Powe or BBD can provide, and he's turning into a critical piece for our success.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'd love to see how good this team could be if it was firing on all cylinders. 

It is a tantalizing thought, isn't it?  I really feel like they're about to break out. 
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I hear you guys.  I keep hoping that this was simply the C's working out the kinks after taking it easy the last month of the season.  If that's the case, better they got their bad play out of the way against teams they still could beat.

The Celtics are clearly the better team in this series.  When they play like they can, the KG, Paul, and Ray are all arguably better than anyone on the Pistons.  With the help of guys like P.J., they should take this series rather easily.

Now if they can just hit on all cylinders...

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Honestly, I wonder if we should start PJ against McDyess - seems like a good matchup for him, they are close to mirror images of one another and PJ has been getting stronger all year whereas McDyess seems to be wearing down.  Perk off the bench against Maxiell would have a height advantage and be comparable in strength and general attitude.  If we split time between Perk and PJ and mixed in a little Baby, I don't think minutes would be a problem there.  Only major difference I'd see would be that PJ couldn't sub out for KG much.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »

Offline CLeht11

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
If Ray can just give us 10-15 points per game in this series we would be so golden.  You know KG and Paul will do their thing because Sheed and Prince really can't actually stop them.  They can contain them for a little bit, but eventually they'll break out.

These games are going to be real tight I'm guessing.  I'll be EXTREMELY surprised if I see a double digit win by either team in this entire series.  These are the games that we really need, want, and love Ray and Eddie to play well in.  If they can make it happen, we'll be in the Finals.
Who said the East was the JV conference? See you next year, Mr. Bryant!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:17:46 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Honestly, I wonder if we should start PJ against McDyess - seems like a good matchup for him, they are close to mirror images of one another and PJ has been getting stronger all year whereas McDyess seems to be wearing down.  Perk off the bench against Maxiell would have a height advantage and be comparable in strength and general attitude.  If we split time between Perk and PJ and mixed in a little Baby, I don't think minutes would be a problem there.  Only major difference I'd see would be that PJ couldn't sub out for KG much.
I agree that PJ should get his minutes against McDyess but I don't expect him to start.  Let Powe and BBD come in against Maxiell.  Actually, it is going to be much easier on any of our bench bigs than compared to Cle.  Cle was just much bigger than Det so now our undersized bigs (BBD and Powe) are going to be much more effective.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352

fair weather.

i see u losing weight...good job brotha..

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

fair weather.

i see u losing weight...good job brotha..

Thanks bro, I've been using the right-click button more so as to double my burn, I really think it's working...

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
We mustn't forget what PJ does off the court, the support and advice he gives to the other Bigs. Also PJ personifies what it means to be a Celtic---Class!!