Poll

Which Happens First in this years playoffs?

Celts lose at home
Celts win on the road
Neither will happen

Author Topic: Which Happens First?  (Read 2461 times)

Which Happens First?
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:31:30 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I smell an end coming to both of these streaks coming quickly in this series and the Celtics coming home with another huge Game 5 tied a two apiece.

Being that the Celts play at home first I'm saying they'll lose at home first.  Hope I'm wrong on the first part but I do think they'll win an ugly one in Detroit.

Speaking of  ugly wins in Detroit - anyone remember the series where Detroit finally got past the Celtics (1988). The Celts still gave them a huge battle and won a game they had no biz winning in Detroit to tie the series up 2-2.  I remember McHale hitting a rare (at that point of his career) 3  pointer.

This series could have its share of sub 80 point performances by both teams.  Break out the ugly sticks .

Yup

Re: Which Happens First?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 10:37:20 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
To be honest, I see the Pistons splitting the first two games and every Celtics fan jumping off the Tobin, only to have the Celtics split the two in Detroit and going back to Boston for a game 5 at 2-2.  I think we have another 7 game series on our hands, but I think there will be a different road to game 7.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 10:38:44 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
To be honest, I see the Pistons splitting the first two games and every Celtics fan jumping off the Tobin, only to have the Celtics split the two in Detroit and going back to Boston for a game 5 at 2-2.  I think we have another 7 game series on our hands, but I think there will be a different road to game 7.
I think there's a good chance of that too

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Agreed.  Can you imagine if this series holds pattern to the first two though...I don't know if I could handle the expectations of winning on the road after a home win anymore.  Better just sweep em to be safe ;)
Yup

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:45:16 AM »

Offline bevtown88

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I smell an end coming to both of these streaks coming quickly in this series and the Celtics coming home with another huge Game 5 tied a two apiece.

Being that the Celts play at home first I'm saying they'll lose at home first.  Hope I'm wrong on the first part but I do think they'll win an ugly one in Detroit.

Speaking of  ugly wins in Detroit - anyone remember the series where Detroit finally got past the Celtics (1988). The Celts still gave them a huge battle and won a game they had no biz winning in Detroit to tie the series up 2-2.  I remember McHale hitting a rare (at that point of his career) 3  pointer.

This series could have its share of sub 80 point performances by both teams.  Break out the ugly sticks .

Ugly like the '02 semis agaisnt them when it was the Stackhouse-Pierce brick show?  I hope those ugly sticks arent coming back...or thunder sticks...or any kind of stick or shtick......THUNDERRRR STIX!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 10:47:48 AM »

Offline bevtown88

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0

Agreed.  Can you imagine if this series holds pattern to the first two though...I don't know if I could handle the expectations of winning on the road after a home win anymore.  Better just sweep em to be safe ;)

Agreed.