San Antonio in 4
San Antonio in 5
San Antonio in 6
San Antonio in 7
Lakers in 4
Lakers in 5
Lakers in 6
Lakers in 7

Author Topic: San Antonio vs LA Lakers - Western Conference Finals  (Read 40994 times)

Re: San Antonio vs LA Lakers - Western Conference Finals
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 11:51:34 PM »

Offline drkalloch

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
The Suns were dead after losing Game 1 of their series with the Spurs in a similar choke job. When teams are THIS close in caliber, a game like this one essentially can flip the series. Enormous loss for SA.
TheKMan.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 11:53:09 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Spurs just looked tired and out of gas that 4th quarter.  Gonna wonder if the 7 game New Orleans series and subsequent airplane issues played a role in it.  Gotta think a little bit although a lot of credit has to be given to the Lakers defense cracking down towards the end.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 11:55:02 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
(Craig Sager - lost in the 70's) The Spurs really had this one "in-the-bag" in the third, just needed to sustain that huge lead ... this one's gotta hurt!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 11:55:43 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
The spurs have every right to be as p---ed off with the refs as we have been in certain games, they basicly gave that game to the Lakers.

Duncan gets away with murder all game long but then he gets hacked big time the down the stretch, and Kobe makes a Jorden'esk pushoff and dosnt get called for it, especialy thinking about that was the game winning drive.

No question it should not have been possible for the Lakers to come back from down 20, but the Refs was def' horrible down the stretch
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 12:00:33 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Spurs just looked tired and out of gas that 4th quarter.  Gonna wonder if the 7 game New Orleans series and subsequent airplane issues played a role in it.  Gotta think a little bit although a lot of credit has to be given to the Lakers defense cracking down towards the end.

Yup, I agree, Don (TP) ... the Spurs just plain died in the fourth. There's no way, especially in the playoffs, that you shouldn't be able to sustain a win having a 20-point lead in the third. You've got to wonder seriously about the travel issues and the extended series previously ... it just seems SO out-of-character for any team in the playoffs to give a game like this up. Hate to make those excuses, but something's up there, (although the Lakers and Kobe "dug-in" a bit, too.) Great game!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 12:01:55 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
A complete 4th quarter collapse by San Antonio. What is there to say? That was depressing.

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 12:07:46 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The spurs have every right to be as ****ed off with the refs as we have been in certain games, they basicly gave that game to the Lakers.

Duncan gets away with murder all game long but then he gets hacked big time the down the stretch, and Kobe makes a Jorden'esk pushoff and dosnt get called for it, especialy thinking about that was the game winning drive.

No question it should not have been possible for the Lakers to come back from down 20, but the Refs was def' horrible down the stretch

Well said, Dybdal (TP) ... the officiating in this one was as bad as I've seen in a while. This year, for whatever reason(s), seems to have been an especially poor one for fairness by the refs, and it gets extremely discouraging at times. While it's sacrilege to say that the league has an "agenda" when it comes to officiating games, the more of this horrible officiating I see, the more I seriously wonder. Sad to even be discussing it, but when it's so obviously skewed, game after game, it becomes a little hard to ignore.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Man, after watching a 20 point collapse by the Spurs it reminded me of our win against them after being down 22 during the season........

Celtics vs Lakers in the Finals baby!!!! It will happen because the NBA knows that will make them the most money.....Thank you Tim Donaghy and friends!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Man, after watching a 20 point collapse by the Spurs it reminded me of our win against them after being down 22 during the season........

Celtics vs Lakers in the Finals baby!!!! It will happen because the NBA knows that will make them the most money.....Thank you Tim Donaghy and friends!!!

But I am sure they will milk it by having these series go 7 games.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 12:28:04 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Man ... Chuck just can't pass up any opportunity to diss the C's: "Get the ball to Pierce and let him create ... that's just ugly basketball, man!" I'm getting a bit tired of his dislike for the Celtics, and his way-too-obvious agenda to influence as many people as possible to join his "bash-fest"! What a bias-driven idiot he is!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 12:56:59 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Y
Man ... Chuck just can't pass up any opportunity to diss the C's: "Get the ball to Pierce and let him create ... that's just ugly basketball, man!" I'm getting a bit tired of his dislike for the Celtics, and his way-too-obvious agenda to influence as many people as possible to join his "bash-fest"! What a bias-driven idiot he is!

Yeah, what is funny is that Paul rarely goes 1 on 5 anymore. I mean, come on, when he dropped 41 against cleveland it was all within the offense. There were a few instances in the detroit game, but those were well needed buckets by Paul. Chuck was way off, completely out of line, and as usual he was wrong.

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 10:54:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
A complete 4th quarter collapse by San Antonio. What is there to say? That was depressing.

I couldn't keep my eyes open for the 2nd half, but looks like the Spurs hit the hay around the same time I did.  They actually had a similar collapse in Game 7 against the Hornets, but squeezed out just enough on the defensive end to hold off New Orleans.
Yup

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I agree kobe pushed off, but i think this may be an instance where flopping hurt. bowen went backwards like a truck hit him trying to draw the offensive foul, and that let kobe hang in the air for an easy shot uncontested.

If bowen doesn't exagerrate the heck out of the push, he might have been in posistion to at least bother bryants 8 footer.

The NBA: where flopping hurts. ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I agree kobe pushed off, but i think this may be an instance where flopping hurt. bowen went backwards like a truck hit him trying to draw the offensive foul, and that let kobe hang in the air for an easy shot uncontested.

If bowen doesn't exagerrate the heck out of the push, he might have been in posistion to at least bother bryants 8 footer.

The NBA: where flopping hurts. ;D
I saw tht on the replay and thought what a dumb thing to try and do. Did he really think that the refs are going to make that call against Kobe? How dumb cna you be. That deserves a flogging >:(

This series is still going 7. No worries yet
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 08:58:56 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Not a lot of offense in this one yet ... this type of game favors the Spurs. I think this one will be a battle.

* BAHKU MUSIC *