Author Topic: Joey crrawford and the spurs  (Read 4404 times)

Joey crrawford and the spurs
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:04:46 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I was just reading Chris Mannix's SI column and unbelievably Crawford was a Ref for game 5 SA/NO series. The same Joey Crawford who challenged Tim Duncan to a fight. I guess he even put a finger in Pop's chest during the game. What is Stern thinking?

Sorry if this was already posted in one of the many David Stern/bad officiating threads. 

Re: Joey crrawford and the spurs
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I was just reading Chris Mannix's SI column and unbelievably Crawford was a Ref for game 5 SA/NO series. The same Joey Crawford who challenged Tim Duncan to a fight. I guess he even put a finger in Pop's chest during the game. What is Stern thinking?

Sorry if this was already posted in one of the many David Stern/bad officiating threads. 

Much as I dislike Joey Crawford, (and Tim Duncan, for that matter), he did his penance, and is trusted by the league as much as any other official. They would never NOT schedule Joey for a Spurs game, as that would indicate a lack of faith on their part, and would reflect negatively on both Joey and themselves. He's part of the regular rotation, and it's not based on the past performances or mistakes of the officials used.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton

Much as I dislike Joey Crawford, (and Tim Duncan, for that matter), he did his penance, and is trusted by the league as much as any other official. They would never NOT schedule Joey for a Spurs game, as that would indicate a lack of faith on their part, and would reflect negatively on both Joey and themselves. He's part of the regular rotation, and it's not based on the past performances or mistakes of the officials used.

I thought playoff officials were chosen based upon their performance during the year. I was unaware of a rotation during the playoffs. Based on his performance in Celtic games this year I would say he never should have been brought back

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:43 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu1Wz5JQEz8&feature=related

um... yea... i still completely trust him.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:42 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I thought playoff officials were chosen based upon their performance during the year. I was unaware of a rotation during the playoffs. Based on his performance in Celtic games this year I would say he never should have been brought back

This incident referred to happened last year ... Joey has been one of the "better" veteran refs for many years, (according to them), and there are no slights on his performance this year, (though I personally think he's terrible.)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton

This incident referred to happened last year ... Joey has been one of the "better" veteran refs for many years, (according to them), and there are no slights on his performance this year, (though I personally think he's terrible.)

He was actually banned for a year as I remember. I was only referring to his performance this year.

Bavetta Foster and Javy have more than taken up the bad call slack

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

He was actually banned for a year as I remember. I was only referring to his performance this year.

So was I ... the incident with Duncan was last year, Joey's had no problems with them this year, so why would they not schedule him for a Spurs game? Sorry if I misunderstood.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 11:08:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well, hopefully Joey works any Celtics / Spurs Finals games, especially on the road.  Any extra help we can get would be much appreciated.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 11:16:13 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Well, hopefully Joey works any Celtics / Spurs Finals games, especially on the road.  Any extra help we can get would be much appreciated.

Yeah, really! Hard to believe that Joey could actually end up helping us in the finals! LOL! Guess I'd have to put my angst towards him on a shelf ... fate can be such a cruel woman, at times!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 12:31:58 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

I'd be happy to settle for an evenly called game.  Of course then I might fall out of my chair . . .