Author Topic: Sam says he's fresh for the Pistons and Doc will play him more this series  (Read 10902 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52596/20080519/cassell_im_rested_for_detroit/

This is why he's here , for this series in particular. I think he is gonna show up big time this series, He's fresh!!! He is the only PG with the size to match up against Billups in the Post.

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
If "more" means five minutes a game, ok.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If "more" means five minutes a game, ok.
I think he will see at least 10-15 mins a game in this series

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
More time pouring water and fluffing the towels. Yeh done.

Offline Rizzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
One thing is for sure: Doc will not be able to put Rondo and Eddie on the floor at the same time in this series.

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
If he can produce like games 1 and 2 verses the Cav's then fine. If not then I hope Doc has learned to just bench his tail and let House in.
And I personally don't think that Billups fears this old guy at all in the post or anywhere on the floor.
Peace through Tyranny

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Eddie needs to be given a chance first.  If he and the offense around him are ineffective, then go to Sam.  Otherwise, Sam can stay on the bench, shouting moral support.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Eddie needs to be given a chance first.  If he and the offense around him are ineffective, then go to Sam.  Otherwise, Sam can stay on the bench, shouting moral support.

I agree.  I even think Doc needs to go game by game.  These guys are veterans, they can handle it.  House has earned the right to give the first chance, but if he struggles at all, Cassell is waiting in the wings. 

I also think Cassell should be given a chance to play the SG for a few minutes (or House for that matter), if Allen is still struggling.

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
One thing is for sure: Doc will not be able to put Rondo and Eddie on the floor at the same time in this series.

If Ray plays like he did during the Cleveland series I think they should give it a try. I understand the defensive problems, especially with size, but Hamilton doesn't strike me as someone who would be very effective posting up and Eddie might be better than Ray and getting through screens and at least getting a hand in Rips face during jumpers. My thinking is Rip usually gets his shots running around, getting a couple screens, and popping a jumper. I'm thinking Eddie might be able to close out those screens quicker than Ray can at this point.

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Sam should keep sitting. House deserves to keep playing. I agree with other posters that Doc may need to go game to game on wether House or Cassell gets minutes.... same goes for Powe/Davis.

I usually insist on a 9 player playoff rotation game to game.... but it seams like mixing things up now and then is working. The neglected player usually somes in and plays his butt off!

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52596/20080519/cassell_im_rested_for_detroit/

This is why he's here , for this series in particular. I think he is gonna show up big time this series, He's fresh!!! He is the only PG with the size to match up against Billups in the Post.

If your reason for sticking Sam on Billups is his height, let's stick Powe on him...

Not only would Sam get killed by Billups due to his lack of quickness, he then doesn't bring you anything else. Give me House's pesky defense on him like he played on Delonte who is also 6'4" and caused turnovers, and then we get the rest of the package. He brought that crowd to a higher level when he was in.

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Oh, how quickly people forget how bad our ball handing is without Rondo on the floor....  Remember the 1st home game against Detroit where Lindsey Hunter wouldn't let the Celtics advance past half court on three consecutive possessions?  That was our first home loss - we were exposed.

This series is the exact reason we signed Sam Cassell.  That said, I don't know why he bothers telling the media he's going to get more minutes this series.  While true, he knows it, and he should know better and keep quiet.

To me, this proves that Cassell is still insecure about his role on the team and his performance thus far.  Disappointing, because I was looking forward to seeing him back next year - if the season were to end today, I doubt he'd be back based on his performance.  Time will tell.

I'm glad House had two great showings the last two games, especially given the horrible slump he was in the last 25 some odd games of the season.  People blame it on Cassell's arrival, but the fact is that House's performance dropped even before the Cassell signing.

We are going to need Eddie to continue to perform at that high-energy level when called upon, whether he plays 15 minutes or 15 seconds.
God bless and good night!

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Gotta keep this in perspective ... there are very few people in the NBA today who like to flap their gums any more than Sam does. Whether it's with the press, his team-mates, coaches, friends, makes no difference ... Sam loves to talk!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I am so tired of Cassell. Every single comment he has every made was about himself. He is a me first person. He always comes back with things like,  this is why I am here, I am going to go out a score 20, I am going to play more next series. Seriously, go back and check all his articles. They all say I about 3-4 times in each statement. Frustrating...
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Oh, how quickly people forget how bad our ball handing is without Rondo on the floor....  Remember the 1st home game against Detroit where Lindsey Hunter wouldn't let the Celtics advance past half court on three consecutive possessions?  That was our first home loss - we were exposed.

This series is the exact reason we signed Sam Cassell.  That said, I don't know why he bothers telling the media he's going to get more minutes this series.  While true, he knows it, and he should know better and keep quiet.

To me, this proves that Cassell is still insecure about his role on the team and his performance thus far.  Disappointing, because I was looking forward to seeing him back next year - if the season were to end today, I doubt he'd be back based on his performance.  Time will tell.

I'm glad House had two great showings the last two games, especially given the horrible slump he was in the last 25 some odd games of the season.  People blame it on Cassell's arrival, but the fact is that House's performance dropped even before the Cassell signing.

We are going to need Eddie to continue to perform at that high-energy level when called upon, whether he plays 15 minutes or 15 seconds.

He had one turnover in that game, where's the huge problem?