Author Topic: LeBron's height  (Read 8654 times)

LeBron's height
« on: May 19, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
'Official stat' LEbron 6-8  Howard 6-11

How on Earth can you tell that by this 2 pictures?  (from Yahoo answers)

I think Bron is much more taller that 6-8. He's like 6-10

Re: LeBron's height
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:31:20 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
'Official stat' LEbron 6-8  Howard 6-11

How on Earth can you tell that by this 2 pictures?  (from Yahoo answers)

I think Bron is much more taller that 6-8. He's like 6-10

From what I hear Lebron wears 4" heels. That might be the reason they look so close
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 03:32:12 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think its the other way around.  Lebron's height is correct but its Howard that is shorter.  When I was watching the Magic/Detroit series I thought Wallace had 3 or 4 inches over Howard.  I'm guessing Lebron is 6'8 maybe 6'9 and Howard is about 6'9.  

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »

Offline RickyD Fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I don't know how tall he is, but I do know he is golfing!!! See ya next season LEBRON!!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 03:33:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Photos are very deceptive, a great deal has to do with perspective, distance, paralax, and zoom ... in other words, you can't realistically judge height by photos, unless there's a way to discern whether or not the two people are standing exactly the same distance from the lens.

Also, don't take a player's height as listed as being remotely accurate ... none of these NBA players are truthful about their height/weight, and it's been well-known for a long time that these figures, especially in professional sports, are dubious at best.

(Plus, you can't tell here whether or not LeBron is in his tutu and toes shoes, and whether or not Dwight is hovering with his Superman powers).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Photos are very deceptive, a great deal has to do with perspective, distance, paralax, and zoom ... in other words, you can't realistically judge height by photos, unless there's a way to discern whether or not the two people are standing exactly the same distance from the lens.

Also, don't take a player's height as listed as being remotely accurate ... none of these NBA players are truthful about their height/weight, and it's been well-known for a long time that these figures, especially in professional sports, are dubious at best.

yea really, KG is a big culprit in that, 6'11 my behind lol  :)

but yea, i think if anything howard is shorter, mabey 6'9 or a short 6'10, but i agree with bah, photos are very deceptive.

next time clevland plays the magic next season though, i'll keep an eye out for them standing next to each other.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Dwight Howard measured at 6'10.25" in shoes at his pre-draft workout. 

I believe Lebron was 6'8" in shoes.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 04:31:22 PM »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
Didn't someone say that LeBron has actually grown an inch or two in the last couple of years? Given his age, it's not completely out of the question, I think, so his official listing might be off a bit.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Didn't someone say that LeBron has actually grown an inch or two in the last couple of years? Given his age, it's not completely out of the question, I think, so his official listing might be off a bit.

Yeah, there have been rumors that both Howard and Lebron have grown.  Suggestions are that Howard is closer to 6'11", and Lebron is at least 6'9".

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
I don't know how tall he is, but I do know he is golfing!!! See ya next season LEBRON!!!!

I almost forgot - when we'll see Lebron going fishing? If they will put it on tnt nba.com sure I'll post it here.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford

Yeah, there have been rumors that both Howard and Lebron have grown.  Suggestions are that Howard is closer to 6'11", and Lebron is at least 6'9".

I'm curious, what is the age when you stop growing?

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 05:47:26 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

I'm curious, what is the age when you stop growing?

It depends upon the person.  Usually between 17 and 19, but it can be younger or older.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Remember when that crazed fan ran onto the court to greek LeBron after a big game this year?  They asked LeBron if he was scared and his response was something like, "Nah... i'm 6'9 250... what would I be scared for?"

So apparently he's grown since he was originally listed as 6'8.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 06:18:45 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Growth varies a great deal with familial genetics, race, health, etc., but females generally stop growing 12 to 18 months after their first period, or, on average, the "spurt" stage is 10 to 11, they peak at 12, and growth stops at 15 to 16. Males "spurt" stage starts with puberty, around 12 to 13, peaks at 14, and stops around 19, when they begin shaving regularly. However, depending on factors above, females can continue growing into their late teens, and males into their early twenties.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
In spring, 2003 at age 18 LeBron measured (as Roy pointed out) 6'8 in shoes, with a 7'0.25" wingspan and an 8'10.25" standing reach, and he weighed 245 pounds.

In an interview this year (as LarBrd33 pointed out) LeBron said that he was now 6'9, 260 pounds.

To put that in perspective, Karl Malone was only 6'9, 250 pounds.

That's just bananas.