Author Topic: Green T-shirts aren't working  (Read 4353 times)

Green T-shirts aren't working
« on: May 19, 2008, 02:28:08 PM »

Offline VINandTonic42

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Have you noticed in other buildings that all of the fans wear the colored t-shirt(just look at N.O. tonight)

I couldn't help but notice the amount of people NOT wearing their shirts yesterday, especially in the loge

Must be the corporate clowns, or the "Pinkn hats" who can't fall in line

The people in the balcony(where I ususally sit) were wearing their shirts

not a big deal, but sort of interesting

Re: Green T-shirts aren't working
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
kind of backwards logic, the "everyone where the shirt our sponsers provided you! it means your a superfan!!" is the essence of being a pink hat, and i was pleasntly suprised to see most of the crowd stick to there player jerseys for the series, even during that bogus green out.

most of the people were wearing celtics jerseys, just not the bland "green out" shirts.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I prefer seeing people wear their own green colors, especially all the Jerseys. It shows even more passion. Just my opinion though....

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »

Offline VINandTonic42

• Xavier Tillman
If your calling the corporate beneficiaries in the loge(which is probably 2/3 of loge) real fans then I completely disagree

A lot of the "real" fans can't attend games, because they devour most of the tickets

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 02:39:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i'm not judging them one way or the other, what i am saying is that the "green out" thing is the height of being a fake fan, and i'm glad for the most part our crowd wore thier own celtics gear and took a pass on being shills for the sponsers.

I just found it kind of funny that by people not particpating in the made up "im a great fan, someone handed me this tshirt! WOOOOO!" stunt that nike and addidas do was the knock on them in the original post. the "color out" thing is so fake is amazing. if your real fans, you should have jerseys and other apperal (like our crowd does for the most part) not need to be handed a team color jersey like a little puppet.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
First of all, not everyone can afford authentic jerseys ... some can barely afford a ticket, and would rather invest that money into attending a playoff game instead of buying a jersey.

Some people, for their own reasons, don't buy jerseys or even like them anyway. To say that "real" fans are somehow above wearing t-shirts, or that only "fake" fans wear them, is absurd.

What you wear has absolutely nothing to do with how much of a fan you are ... that's the kind of "elitist" garbage that we need to rise above, not encourage, and let people celebrate this team in their own way, whether it coincides with ours or not.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »

Offline VINandTonic42

• Xavier Tillman
Well I wear my jersey to every game, but I'm glad to say that I wouldn't be above wearing a green-out t-shirt with everyone else

I think it has everything to do with not being a real fan, people whose first game was yesterday, they're too rich/classy to wear one

if your wearing a jerey it won't stick out, im talking about the people wearing blue, red, black, yellow and every other color under the sun

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 02:54:39 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
First of all, not everyone can afford authentic jerseys ... some can barely afford a ticket, and would rather invest that money into attending a playoff game instead of buying a jersey.

Some people, for their own reasons, don't buy jerseys or even like them anyway. To say that "real" fans are somehow above wearing t-shirts, or that only "fake" fans wear them, is absurd.

What you wear has absolutely nothing to do with how much of a fan you are ... that's the kind of "elitist" garbage that we need to rise above, not encourage, and let people celebrate this team in their own way, whether it coincides with ours or not.

I have a some authentic Celtic shorts I wear during games when watching on tv. It's odd though, they only seem to bring the luck when the Celtics are playing at home. ;)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

fair points bah, but to be fair i don't own a "replica jersey" or anythign of the like, and i wasen't talkign about t-shirts in general, just the ones with "ADIDAS!" printed in large letters on the back that are hadned out. i do however own about 7 20-25 dollar celtic t-shirts picked up at games/ dicks sporting goods over my years as a fan, and i would rather wear my faded walker shirt over those "here, be a walking ad for shoe companies!" shirts.

This thread has somewhat gone off the rails though, all i'm sayign is a i find it ironic that the OP was critzing people for being "pink hats" for not taking part in the highest of pink hat traditions. :)

i dunno, i just fail to see what's so awesome about wearing a t-shirt because someone told you to. The whole "color out the crowd" promotions rank right up there with free thunder sticks/ towels. a funny gimmick for TV. hooray.

I mean, if you want to wear the adidas shirt, fine, but to call out others because they won't be part of the herd with you and choose to wear thier own gear? lol.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

There's nothing wrong with wearing the free Ts. But if you've already got a Jersey on, should you put the free T over it? ...no. Bottom line though, make noise!!

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »

Offline milloy03

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Have they been handing them out every game??

Was able to get some tickets for tomorrow. Will obviously be wearing my Pierce jersey but would be good to get one anyway. Wasnt able to make a game this year so am pumped for tomorrow.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
They should give out towels for the fans to wave. I dunno about in the arena, but on tv it always looks cool   8)
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
They should give out towels for the fans to wave. I dunno about in the arena, but on tv it always looks cool   8)

ugh. red just shifted alittle. I hope they never sink to that. The greenout i can deal with, green towel night or green thuderstick night, and i'll be off the wall.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 04:21:44 PM »

Offline BrettF09

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
that's stupid  how to know someone who's decked out in full celtics gear just started watching a week ago (bandwagon), and someone who showed up in a polo shirt who's been a diehard fan since he was 10 yrs old...

just b/c  rocking all the celtics gear, does not meanmore of a real fan than someone who didn't show up in one.

No personalize please...thanks
Edgar
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 04:40:09 PM by Edgar »

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
I've been to every playoff game so far and I haven't even gotten a t-shirt. I usually get there about 5-10 minutes before tipoff. Not sure when they're handing them out.