Author Topic: The Celtics Do Have Someone Who Can Put a Team On Their Back!  (Read 1908 times)

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
Remember the TNT broadcasts this series, when Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, and Kenny Smith (mainly Magic) were all saying that the Celtics offensive struggles would continue and that because they don't have that guy than can say "I'm gonna put this team on my back and score 40" and win the game for you, well apparently they were wrong. I am very curious to see what they have to say about Pierce's performance in the future.

Re: The Celtics Do Have Someone Who Can Put a Team On Their Back!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
They said Boston doesn't have a guy who can go out and get 40 ON THE ROAD. Its easier to win at home. The role players and young guys have an easier time at home. On the road, sometimes you need that big time horse who can get you 40. Pierce's performance was awesome! But he's not on the Jordan, Olajuwon, Shaq level.

For the most part I think the TNT guys are making good observations. Especially Kenny Smith. But what they are neglecting, is that the Celtics are different than your usual title contender. They have a more balanced attack, very much like Detroit, kinda like San Antonio. ...(Tim Duncan's not quite the horse he used to be.)

Re: The Celtics Do Have Someone Who Can Put a Team On Their Back!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
I can't stand how all these guys habe jumped off the wagon since the Atlanta series. They are calling boston pretenders and soft instead of looking at why they have had a tough time. Who would have ever guessed that Ray would go ice cold on us? If he can get it going and they play smart by taking better shots and keep a good rotation,then I will feel much better.

One thing I'm sick of hearing is how the west is so great and they are going to kill anything the east has to offer. I won't claim to have the numbers to back this up, but it sure doesn't seem like LA, NO play that great of defense. I base that on a few games that I have watched so I could be wrong. But we are the only ones out of the east that can hang with them offensively(if we play up to our level). You don't win 66 games with out having a great team mavericks aside. I just wonder what they are going to say when we beat detroit and get a road win.
Still don't believe in Joe.