Author Topic: The Anticipation is now over. Boston VS Detroit is now here.  (Read 4616 times)

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
The anticipation is now over.  The Boston Celtics will face the Detroit Piston in the Eastern Conference finals.  It’s the match-up we all been wait for since the trade of Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.  Although it took the Celtics two 7 games series to get to this point, it really doesn’t matter, just as long as they got here. 

Boston vs. Detroit kind of has that late 80’s retro ring to it does it not?  The last time they meet for a chance at the finals it was Detroit dethroning Boston.  Back then it was the Piston who had something to prove.  They had the chip on their shoulder and they weren’t going to let Boston stand in their way for yet another chance at the finals. 

This time around it’s Boston who has something to prove.  It’s the 2nd year PG trying to prove he belongs on this stage vs. the former finals MVP. It’s the 3 future HOF’s trying to get another shoot at the title they all thought they would have by now. Vs. a team that’ been there and done that.  Both are lead by so/so coaches who in their own right haven’t proven anything as coaches to this point. Oh by the way, this is one match-up I give Doc Rivers a slight edge.

My expectation for this series is that Boston will be hungry.  Unlike the Hawks and Cavs series this is one series that the Cs feels they are the one with something to prove.  All you have to do is say the Magic words: Detroit Piston and you got the men in green attention.   I fully expect a classic series, I expect the Celtics to win a road game and give up a home game (game 1 is the one I think they might fall). This series should go the distance with Boston winning in an over-time played game 7.  I mean at this point how you can not think this will go 7 games. 

Here is out I think it would play out game by game

Game 1: Boston comes out with fire takes an early lead but can’t keep up in the 2nd half and fall 88 – 80
Game 2: Boston comes out and wins a wire to wire game 90-82
Game 3: Piston wins in blow-out 92-79
Game 4: Boston returns the favor and gets their first play-off road win 100-88
Game 5: The Garden is rock and so is the Cs 89-78
Game 6: Boston is close to winning it 2nd road game in as many chances an fall 85-83.
Game 7: Ray Allen hits a game tying three point shot which put the game into overtime.  KG dominates the Over time to lead Boston into the finals. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:42:46 PM by Redz »

Re: The Anticiation is now over. Boston VS Detroit is now here.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

Game 1: Boston comes out with fire takes an early lead but can’t keep up in the 2nd half and fall 88 – 80
Game 6: Boston is close to winning it 2nd road game in as many chances an fall 85-83.
Game 7: Ray Allen hits a game tying three point shot which put the game into overtime.  KG dominates the Over time to lead Boston into the finals.

So the Celtics win the series 5 games to 2?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:45:53 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Game 1: Boston comes out with fire takes an early lead but can’t keep up in the 2nd half and fall 88 – 80 L
Game 2: Boston comes out and wins a wire to wire game 90-82W
Game 3: Piston wins in blow-out 92-79L
Game 4: Boston returns the favor and gets their first play-off road win 100-88W
Game 5: The Garden is rock and so is the Cs 89-78W
Game 6: Boston is close to winning it 2nd road game in as many chances an fall 85-83.L
Game 7: Ray Allen hits a game tying three point shot which put the game into overtime.  KG dominates the Over time to lead Boston into the finals. W

I counted it 4-3 (not attacking you, I swear  ;) )

But I do like the idea beating them an extra time and keeping the continuity of playing 7 games each series - even if we don't need them all.
Yup

Re: The Anticipation is now over. Boston VS Detroit is now here.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
another game 7 series might seriously kill our players. Celtics need to close this out at worst 6 games

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 01:57:42 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
another game 7 series might seriously kill our players. Celtics need to close this out at worst 6 games

Never mind them, it might kill US.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown

I had the Celtics winning games 2,4,5,and 7.  and the Piston winning 1,3,and 6.  That's 4-3 in my book bro don't see where you got an extra game from. 

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 02:21:52 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
C's in 7!!! Go Boston!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352

funny brick...lol...

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
C's in 6.  They will finally get a road win in this series.  The Detroit Pistons have a very good 'synergy' on their team but they have no transcendant superstar like a Lebron James who can really attack and break down the Celtics D.  In addition, who knows how much of a factor a Gimpy Billups will be?  I say that Rondo runs him out of the gym and the Pistons will be forced to sub in their rarely used backup PG.  EDGE CELTICS!

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
C's in 6.  They will finally get a road win in this series.  The Detroit Pistons have a very good 'synergy' on their team but they have no transcendant superstar like a Lebron James who can really attack and break down the Celtics D.  In addition, who knows how much of a factor a Gimpy Billups will be?  I say that Rondo runs him out of the gym and the Pistons will be forced to sub in their rarely used backup PG.  EDGE CELTICS!

I didn't follow the DET-ORL series, but I saw that Billups is having some trouble. This could be huge. Billups at the 1 is/was Detroits best position match up.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
It looks like Pistons in 6.  Notwithstanding Pierce's heroics yesterday, the C's stink right now as a team.  The should have swept the Hawks and defeated Cleveland in no more than 6 games.

The Pistons are markedly superior to either of those teams. The Tony Allen bashers can say all they want, but they aren't going to beat Detroit without a significant contribution from him, and I don't see that happening because of the way Rivers has (mis)handled Tony. They also need to run the floor on a consistent basis, something they have not done all year.  If they try to slog it out in the half court with Detroit, they will lose.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 03:07:32 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Rondo needs to put Billups' hamstring to the test all night long and never let up.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
It looks like Pistons in 6.  Notwithstanding Pierce's heroics yesterday, the C's stink right now as a team.  The should have swept the Hawks and defeated Cleveland in no more than 6 games.

The Pistons are markedly superior to either of those teams. The Tony Allen bashers can say all they want, but they aren't going to beat Detroit without a significant contribution from him, and I don't see that happening because of the way Rivers has (mis)handled Tony. They also need to run the floor on a consistent basis, something they have not done all year.  If they try to slog it out in the half court with Detroit, they will lose.

I can't fault you for picking the Piston in this series. My one worry is the fact that the Cs have already played 14 games so far in the play-offs on limited rest.  So they could burn out this series.  I hope they can get game 1.  But I have a feeling after tomorrow night the Cs will be down for the first time in this year play-offs.  I was close to picking the Piston in 6 or 7 but since this is celticsblog I had to go with my heart and pick the Cs in 7.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Pistons are a very good team, not a great one. A little too overhyped imo.

Billups struggled with Miller in round one and is playing hurt. Rondo needs to attack him as I think this will work in our favour. KG should play well as he did in all 3 games. I expect big things from Pierce. Celts in 6.