Author Topic: BronBron to Tayshaun...More of the Same?  (Read 5619 times)

Re: BronBron to Tayshaun...More of the Same?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Tayshaun doesn't have HALF the talent of Lebron James.  It is a HUGE difference.  Tayshaun can't create his own shot and create opportunties for his teammates like Lebron can.  PP does not have to devote nearly as much energy to keep Tayshaun contained as he did Lebron.  I expect PP to feast and the Big 3 to look more like themselves against the Pistons.  It is arguable that the Pistons might have a better team D than the Cavs, but they lack that one 'transcendant' player ala James to give the Celtics any real problem.  My prediction.  Celtics in 6, Ray Allen bounces back.  Pierce has done GREAT btw, considering he had to guard one of the top 3 talents in the entire NBA and still got his.

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I'm with the consensus. Pierce will get his, but it wont be easy. Prince is an excellent defender, but he won't deliver the physical pounding on both ends of the floor that James brings.

I can't wait to see KG vs. Sheed!!! Absolutely great matchup at the 4.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Prince is nowhere near the caliber of LeBron, and is not remotely as challenging or as powerful. Frankly, I'd put Posey on him for extended minutes, and let Pierce keep concentrating on his offense. But, even if Paul does end up defending Prince, it won't be nearly as tough a job as LB was.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *