Poll

What was your favorite (Celtic) play from yesterday?  You get 3 votes so that you don't feel restricted.

Eddie House diving for the loose ball
29 (37.7%)
Garnett's loss of the ball mid-air on dunk attempt only to have it bank in
0 (0%)
Pierce's free throw tipped in by Red
9 (11.7%)
Pierce stealing the jump ball from LeBron
19 (24.7%)
PJ Brown's clutch jumper from the elbow extended
12 (15.6%)
KG's steal from Wally
4 (5.2%)
Pierce's off balance mid-range jumper over Delonte while drifting away from LeBron
1 (1.3%)
PJ Brown's defense on LeBron on the last desperate attempt for the Cavs
1 (1.3%)
KG and Wallace jawing at each other
1 (1.3%)
Garnett's drop off pass for Perk in the first quarter
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: May 20, 2008, 11:39:55 AM

Author Topic: POLL: Favorite Play from Yesterday???  (Read 2483 times)

POLL: Favorite Play from Yesterday???
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:39:55 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
This is just a poll for fun and to remind us all again of how many great plays the C's made in this crucial game.

Re: POLL: Favorite Play from Yesterday???
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
My three votes went to:

1. Eddie's hustle play on the loose ball, because that is the intensity you need to play with in the playoffs

2. Pierce's free throw shot that got the home court bounce and a little extra from Red.  It was just great to see from two angles.  One was how to see how still the crowd was when it hit off the rim, and then erupting when it went through the hoop.  The other was to see Pierce's face during the whole sequence.  That smile was priceless.  It's as if he knew he got a little help on that one.

3.  Pierce's steal of the jump ball tap.  That was just a smart, veteran play combined with great hustle.  He knew  the 7'3 Ilgauskas was gonna be able to control the tip and hit it towards LeBron, so Pierce just got position right away to steal it and take a possession away from the Cavs at a time when each possession was so critical.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:05:23 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
The steal of the jump ball.  Pretty much summed up how Pierce played in that game and it also sealed the deal.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 12:07:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I went with the two dive plays (Pierce and Eddie).  For all of the offensive heroics by Pierce, it came down to getting a few extra possessions in a close game, and those plays were key.

I also picked Brown's jumper.  At a point where the Celtics have consistently had the wheels fall off, PJ stemmed the momentum tide after Lebron's steal of Pierce had cut the lead to 1.  Huge of PJ to step up there.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Somehow, my favorite plays weren't listed so I will just have to insert them here.

1.  Lebron steal and dunk from PP
2.  Delonte drilling that 3 to tie the game at 91
3.  Paul Pierce clanging that crucial FT off the back of the rim at the end of the game

Wait......what do you mean those last 2 plays didn't happen?   :)

Great game yesterday from the Celtics (well, Paul Pirece and PJ Brown actually).  My Cavs fought very hard, but the Celtics were the better team....here's to hoping Lebron actually gets some teammates who deserve to start for an NBA team

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I went with:

1+2: the 2 dives (Eddie and Pierce) - in both cases, our guy was on the floor while theirs stayed standing.  Plays like this made it obvious who wanted it more.

3: Garnett's steal from Wally, if only because of the full play: Garnett switched on LeBron, completely stonewalled him, jumped onto Wally on the pass, snatched the loose ball after Wally dribbled it off KG's leg, got clubbed in the back trying to dunk, and hit the floor laughing.  Sums up KG pretty nicely, I thought, except I would've rather he made the dunk (or both FTs).

PJ's jumper was huge and Pierce's FT was nice, but neither was as fun to watch for me as these 3.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I went with the two dive plays (Pierce and Eddie).  For all of the offensive heroics by Pierce, it came down to getting a few extra possessions in a close game, and those plays were key.

I also picked Brown's jumper.  At a point where the Celtics have consistently had the wheels fall off, PJ stemmed the momentum tide after Lebron's steal of Pierce had cut the lead to 1.  Huge of PJ to step up there.

Those were my three, as well. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Man O Man isn't it great to be talking about the multiple guys that came up clutch in this HUGE game?  This is especially true for Paul.  I couldn't be happier for him (until we win the title). 

However, the Pistons loom around the corner and I cannot believe that Ray Allen will continue to be shut down.  His time for being clutch is coming soon.  Get some quick rest, boys.  Let's keep up the home dominance.