Author Topic: it's been a while... slàinte  (Read 1889 times)

it's been a while... slàinte
« on: May 19, 2008, 05:08:53 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
after game 4's loss, i went into hibernation. after game 5's win i logged on here to tell everyone i had a crush on rajon rondo (now i've moved on to pierce. lol.) and then after game 6 and throughout game 7 i was so nervous, unlike the hawks game 7, that i wasn't online at all.

but it was all worth it.

after being so happy and so proud of my team it's great to be back amongst all of you great fans and celebrate this win together. this place can be a horrible place to be when we're losing (no offence) and i couldn't stand for that again so i made myself scarce. this is a great feeling but one that in 24 hours will be gone and replaced with the feeling of anticipation of game 1 and then hopefully joy afterwards.

this can't all be for nothing, it has to be our year, right?

ps: slàinte = cheers in irish, for those who don't know.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 05:42:16 AM by celticmaestro »

Re: it's been a while... slàinte
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:46:49 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Welcome back.  Let's hope the series against Detroit is a little easier.  Once we win our first road game, I think fans are going to be a lot more relaxed.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I went into hibernation too. I couldn't even open ESPN's website, let alone turn on the tv.  I blacked out everything dealing with sports.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I went into hibernation too. I couldn't even open ESPN's website, let alone turn on the tv.  I blacked out everything dealing with sports.

yeah, exactly the same. that was far too intense for my liking. this post-season has been one hell of a ride up to this point.

and it's great to see everyone optimistic and happy here (the ray allen support thread for example). as you quite rightly say roy, let's hope the pistons series is a little easier.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »

Offline jamesk855

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I don't know about everyone else, but I was at work and I kept running down stairs to check the t.v. until I finally just stayed down to watch, and I couldn't breathe i was so nervous. I almost passed out I was trying to keep my anger/excitment in check!