Poll

Who would you most like to see win the draft lottery on Monday?  (odds in parentheses)

Miami (25.0%)
2 (3.8%)
Seattle (19.9%)
7 (13.2%)
Minnesota (13.8%)
25 (47.2%)
Memphis (13.7%)
3 (5.7%)
New York (7.6%)
1 (1.9%)
LA Clippers (7.5%)
4 (7.5%)
Milwaukee (4.3%)
0 (0%)
Charlotte (2.8%)
1 (1.9%)
Chicago (1.7%)
0 (0%)
New Jersey (1.1%)
0 (0%)
Indiana (0.8%)
0 (0%)
Sacramento (0.7%)
1 (1.9%)
Portland (0.6%)
4 (7.5%)
Golden State (0.5%)
5 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Who do you want to see win the lottery this year?  (Read 7218 times)

Re: Who do you want to see win the lottery this year?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 01:49:11 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's Tuesday, right?  The first post says Monday. 

Anyways... I'm kinda rooting for Seattle to get he top pick, honestly.  I live in Seattle and I know it's going to be horrible to see them leave, but I'm kinda hoping for a miracle of some sort.  Maybe if the Sonics got Rose to pair with Durant and judging by the way Durant played towards the end of the year... maybe they could actually set this city on fire and all hell will break lose forcing some kind of miracle situation where the team stays.

Yup, just edited it, we do not, in fact, have to play Detroit tomorrow.  TP for the correction.  And I wouldn't mind seeing Seattle get a top 2 pick either, if only because it might help raise the pressure to keep the team in town.  But if they move to OKC I hope nothing breaks their way for quite some time after their league- and Stern-supported disingenuous backstabbing.

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 05:03:28 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
mini, failing that i want miami to win it because they need some good luck and i've got nothing against them.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I want to see Portland win the lottery. It is certainly a long shot, but it would be great for the NBA. My second choice would be Minnesota. I'd like to see Jefferson paired up with Rose. Those two could create quite the duo in the west. I don't want to see Miami win. Miami tanked worse than we did a year ago. The way Miami called up the D-leaguers was ridiculous. I wish the worse for Miami in the draft lottery. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing New York win it all. I'm not a Knicks fan, but at some point, enough is enough. Can't this team get a break? Maybe this year will be their turn.

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Portland winning and getting Rose would be pretty cool.

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
A team that really needs the help to have a chance of improving (no Portland, please), except NY, because it's NY; Miami, because of their overtanking act; Memphis, because of the Gasol trade; and the Bucks, because their owner is a freaking protectionist.

Voted for Minny - it'd be nice to see Al get some help and McHale some luck (oth, I can easily see McHale trading down for Mayo if he gets one of the first 2 picks - reasoning something like "why Rose? Foye will be a top pg in the league in a near future!!" or some other stupid thing). Ok, changing my preference to the Pacers and the chance of seeing Foster traded to Boston next year for some hot young prospects like BBD, Pruitt, the 30th pick, etc.. Come on Larry, rebuild around Beasley, Dunleavy and Granger!  ;D

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 06:06:33 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Sonics.

Really looking forward to seeing either Rose or Beasley down the road next year in Oklahoma City with Durant.

Not to mention the chance to see the Celtics in person.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
portland minny or gs

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 06:17:12 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
1. Anyone but Miami... Tanking that blatant shouldn't be rewarded.

2. Clippers
3. Knicks

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »

Offline Tw1x990

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
I chose sacramento, i see im alone in this choice haha, and ill explain why to anywho cares, which may be few.

#1 Im a huge kings fan, there my number 2 behind the celtics, they where a helluvah fun team to watch back in the day and there struggling. Reggie Theus is a good coach, kevin martin is a very good player and every team needs a player like Garcia.

#2 I give huge props to them for not tanking, i bet no one here payed close attention to them but they where winning games down the stretch where they could have easily lost, and i got a little mad at that but they stuck to there goal, even if that ment losing lottery positions ( there goal was to finish better than last year )

#3 New Arena - they are in the process of getting a new arena, and that always leaves the possibility of them moving out of sacto, a new young stud would deffinetly help them stay ...

Well thats all i feel like writing, heres to the kings winning the lottery  ...