Boston in 4
Boston in 5
Boston in 6
Boston in 7
Detroit in 4
Detroit in 5
Detroit in 6
Detroit in 7

Author Topic: Boston vs Detroit - Eastern ConferenceFinals  (Read 1992 times)

Boston vs Detroit - Eastern ConferenceFinals
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:06:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm still pretty overwhelmed with what a great Game 7 we were treated to today.  While I'd like to relish that victory and a classic effort by Paul Pierce (and lets not forget Lebron in a losing effort), I wanted to get this thread up and running ASAP. 

I think we'll finally see a home loss, and a road win for the Celtics in this series.  It's going to be another tough battle, but I'd like to think the Celts learned a lot about themselves in Game 7.  I also think going back to Eddie gives them the boost they needed.

Celts in another gut-wrenching 7 game win and on to the Finals!
Yup

Re: Boston vs Detroit - Eastern ConferenceFinals
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:09:37 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think this is the series we put it all together as long as Doc is learning from the past two series.  If Doc can stick with the one rotation that is effective I think we can steal one from Detroit in the Palace and win in 5.  With that said if we don't win one of the two games in Detroit I think it will go 7. 

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:12:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I thought before the playoffs that Boston would beat Detroit in 5 games, maybe 6. The games would be close enough but Boston would always be in control.

I haven't fully decided yet, I'm going to ponder some more, but I don't think that thought has changed.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:14:27 PM »

Offline WW1MR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
boston in 6 and our 1st road win in the playoffs!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you..." (R. Kipling)

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 09:23:39 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I picked Boston in 5 which may be a stretch as it assumes we win the first 2 home games.  I think with emotional and physical fatigue we are vulnerable but still more likely than not to win the first two.  Even if we do lose one of the first two at home, I think we get one right back in Detroit and then win in 6 or 7.  I think Detroit is a little cocky after having a relatively easy time with Orlando but that the Celtics are going to be much better than they are ready for, especially once we are 3 or 4 game into the series.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 09:28:32 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Celtics in 6.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
My wife tells me I am great at stating the obvious, so here goes:

The first 2 games in Boston are critical.  If the C's take those 2, my confidence will rise.  I am afraid, however, that Detroit will take one.  We are coming off an emotional and tiring 7th game while Detroit gets a few extra days to heal and rest. It's a blessing that we won at home and have tonight and all day tomorrow (as opposed to winning Friday night and playing Game 1 today).  Though I would have preferred the road win, the extra rest may prove more important.  

Maintining intensity throughout games 1 and 2 will be both challenging and necessary.