Author Topic: PJ Brown... What a Pickup!  (Read 3389 times)

PJ Brown... What a Pickup!
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:01:03 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Who would have thought there towards the end of the season that PJ Brown would be the one of the two late signees that would be a key reason in us moving on to the conference finals?! I never had much faith in Sam being able to help that much, but probably had less in PJ. Way to step up and play HUGE for us. We probably don't hold on without his contribution. Big jumper at the end. Two huge follows of KG and Rondo airballs towards the end. Without him PP's superhuman effort might have been wasted. That game was worth every cent we spent in signing him!

Re: PJ Brown... What a Pickup!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »

Offline CeltsGM21

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
Agreed.  I consider that jump shot he hit late in the 4th as one of the biggest shots of the game.  All others go to Pierce and KG.  And he has made so many other huge plays in this playoffs.  Thank you, PJ.  And thank you, congrats, well done, etc, Danny!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:05:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
PJ was a stud today.  Will come in very handy vs. the Pistons.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
PJ was huge in the 4th quarter.... that defense on Lebron, the jumper, the rebounds and put backs......

Much much better than Sam cause PJ knows his role....

Also, PJ knows how to foul and not allow a player to get off the shot ( his foul on Z )....maybe Ray can learn from him since he fouls and lets players get And 1's

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
PJ was huge in the 4th quarter.... that defense on Lebron, the jumper, the rebounds and put backs......

Also, PJ knows how to foul and not allow a player to get off the shot ( his foul on Z )....maybe Ray can learn from him since he fouls and lets players get And 1's

give Sam his credit, without him, we don't win games 1 and 2 imo...each of these pickups has played their role at times, thats what it takes to be a role player, eddie and PJ were the guys today, its been posey before, its been powe, sam, rajon, KP, POZ...that's what a solid bench is all about
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yeah, he had a huge game today. He knows how to foul a guy and not let him get the shot off. Made some huge shots for us.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'd like to see even more of P.J. against Detroit.  His length really give us a dimension that we don't have with Powe and Davis on the floor.  As much as I love the two young guys and as crafty as they are, their lack of height can really hurt them defensively and under the basket. 

Plus, if we get to the Finals, we're going to need P.J.'s size against teams like San Antonio, LA, or New Orleans, who all have big front lines. 

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 08:54:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think PJ and Baby will get lots of frontline minutes this series.  Powe might see a drop but I expect he'll get some run too. 

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I expected this from PJ Brown. I always thought he'd make the biggest impact of the two, that his reliability and easy to fit in game would make the biggest difference to the squad.

He was brilliant for Chicago last season, especially in the playoffs and against Detroit. PJ was their best big man last season. He was the reason the Bulls managed to prolong that series (Detroit), the Bulls didn't start winning until they played PJ that series.

No surprise

Great game PJ, absolutely brilliant. Don't win without PJ saving those buckets in the fourth.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 08:57:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
PJ was a definite presence out there today.  He gave them toughness and stability - and hit some biggies.
Yup

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 09:00:47 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

give Sam his credit, without him, we don't win games 1 and 2 imo...each of these pickups has played their role at times, thats what it takes to be a role player, eddie and PJ were the guys today, its been posey before, its been powe, sam, rajon, KP, POZ...that's what a solid bench is all about

First off PJ was great today!  Looked like he was in his prime again when he played for the Hornets.  Now to the Cassell comment.  I agree without Same we would have struggled to win games 1 and 2.  Second the reason we really signed Sam was to have a bigger guard to help cover Billups as Rondo and House are to small.  I think some people forget that.  And I know he doesn't play any D anymore because he's old now but Billups isn't exactly lighting quick either so I look for Sam to play some against Detroit but if House is shooting and bring energy like he did in games 6 and 7 I don't have a problem with him playing at all. 

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
PJ did a good job tonight, and came up with some big plays and a couple of nice buckets, but I wouldn't get too carried away touting his praises ... he has spent a great deal of time on the floor not producing. I'm not trying to dump water on the fire here, just trying to keep it in a realistic perspective.

The Sammy question is another matter ... I'm not a big Sammy supporter, but I think he may actually be useful against Detroit. I'd rather we run all the time against the Pistons, but I'm sure there will be times when they lull us into the half-court, and Sam would be great in that situation. 
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
PJ, what can you say. Two big shots. Good D. Some boards. Nice contribution from MR Brown today.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 09:44:21 PM »

Offline NUMBA 17

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Guess this is why D. Ainge picked up guys like Cassell and Brown....playoff time.....Brown was a solid presence in this whole series, but INCREDIBLY clutch today down the stretch.....an offensive rebound and layin.....the jump shot....and then real good D on Lebron, forcing a crucial miss....hopefully either he can keep this up, or Perkins can turn his game around for Detroit...(REAL bad series for Perkins)
"Dont give up...dont ever give up..."   J. Valvano