Author Topic: EDDIE HOUSE~We told you so!  (Read 7791 times)

Re: EDDIE HOUSE~We told you so!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 07:46:28 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Even though he only hit that one shot from the corner, they were forced to play the guy on the perimeter. Spacing was a very key part of the value in House's game as always. Nice point coach.

Eddie is the man. The intensity level he brought in were huge. As were the two free throws in clutch time. One of the big plays in the game was when Delonte was up at the top trying to get a shot off and House was in his shorts. Delonte ended up forcing a pass down to Lebron down the middle of the paint that sailed out of bounds. Great hustle defensively House!

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
No really, there were a lot of "no Eddie's " here, honestly, too many. I know I wasn't the only one, but one of the early ones....
I am not saying I am a sage here, although
I did call for Leon VERY early when Doc wouldn't play him, back in January, LOL, but there was too many, no Eddie......s....and I am actually happiy for Eddie, he did exactly what he always did!!! BUT, i am not calling anyone out here........nothing personal, I am just happy Eddie did it and WE WON!!!! YEA!

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 07:48:32 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I can show you about 15 pages of people ripping me to shreds about how stupid I was to call for Sam Cassell to sit on the pine differ with that!! I was lambasted again and again with about 90% of the posts telling me how valuable the guy was and how turnover prone House was. I'm glad to be right though!!

I still think you`re a bit biased when it comes to Sam I am.

That said, you were absolutely right about House.

I apologize.

That's big of you to say Casperian. Especially since I think about 5 pages worth of that thread was you!  ;)

As I said then though. All I care about is the win. If House isn't getting it done and Sam is then I am fine with that. I just honestly think that House brings so much more to the table and so I hope Doc sticks with House until he is forced to remove him like he did Sam. Sam can't really be too upset. He played himself right out of the rotation.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 07:49:55 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
I was among those who called for Sam in place of Eddie.  I was wrong.  It's almost night and day how this team plays with Eddie in there.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 07:52:54 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I think you guys are missing the reason for success with eddie in the game:  SPACING.  Spacing leads to ball movement. Ball movement leads to open looks.  Simple.  Spacing also leads to more one on one coverage as well.  

Eddie opens up everyone else to do their thing.

Exactly. As a point guard Eddie's nothing special. But the important thing is, he doesn't mess anything up. Sam dominates the ball, ruining the chemistry we've been trying to create all season long. Eddie lets everyone else do their thing, and he gives you intensity and energy on both ends of the floor.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
After re-reading this I just want to add that there were a lot of you faithfull that stuck with Eddie too, not just me...! i was just excited that he was in and played very well...! That dive was GREAT, real old school stuff!!! I mean old Celtics stuff...! :D  Thanks you-all, always a pleasure blogging with ya, It is good to talk hoops with like minded bro's!!!! Now we have top make Detroit "Break-down"  LOL...!

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 07:55:37 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I can show you about 15 pages of people ripping me to shreds about how stupid I was to call for Sam Cassell to sit on the pine differ with that!! I was lambasted again and again with about 90% of the posts telling me how valuable the guy was and how turnover prone House was. I'm glad to be right though!!

I apologize.

That's big of you to say Casperian. Especially since I think about 5 pages worth of that thread was you!  ;)

As I said then though. All I care about is the win. If House isn't getting it done and Sam is then I am fine with that. I just honestly think that House brings so much more to the table and so I hope Doc sticks with House until he is forced to remove him like he did Sam. Sam can't really be too upset. He played himself right out of the rotation.

Well, normally, I would say that you`re exaggerating. 5 pages?

But since I owe you something, I will stick my head in the sand and take the blame... ;)
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I apologize.

Well, normally, I would say that you`re exaggerating. 5 pages?

But since I owe you something, I will stick my head in the sand and take the blame... ;)

OF COURSE I was exaggerating! Maybe only 3 or so... But, you don't have to stick your head in the sand!

We're moving on to the conference finals. Get that head up high!

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »

Offline earl

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
To me, the biggest mistake was just making a wholesale substitution of EHouse. Sam is still valuable, and the lack of another good backup PG argument during the season was valid, it just wasn't implemented properly.

Sam is more than capable of taking over a game or two scoring-wise, but I think rolling those dice too often is not a winning proposition long term. Sam is there to play when:

- Rondo is having a bad game and has his minutes reduced (I love Rondo, but he has had a couple).
- Foul situations with other guards.
- Backcourt pressure is causing problems for EHouse, or games where EHouse is just not getting it done within the offense.

In those situations, Sam can be invaluable, because presumably, your more premier players are not being effective and the bench is likely already stagnant (thus helping negate Sam's downside, which is being a bit of a black hole). I'm just glad that so far this appears to be corrected.

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
To me, the biggest mistake was just making a wholesale substitution of EHouse. Sam is still valuable, and the lack of another good backup PG argument during the season was valid, it just wasn't implemented properly.

Sam is more than capable of taking over a game or two scoring-wise, but I think rolling those dice too often is not a winning proposition long term. Sam is there to play when:

- Rondo is having a bad game and has his minutes reduced (I love Rondo, but he has had a couple).
- Backcourt pressure is causing problems for EHouse, or games where EHouse is just not getting it done within the offense.

In those situations, Sam can be invaluable, because presumably, your more premier players are not being effective and the bench is likely already stagnant (thus helping negate Sam's downside, which is being a bit of a black hole). I'm just glad that so far this appears to be corrected.

As long as Sam is the THIRD option and only used when House isn't getting it done either then I am fine with that. The problem is what you bas House's not getting it done on. Tonight he was 1-5. I don't think there is a Celtic fan out there that can honestly say they thought he played a bad game. He just brings too many intangibles to the floor that Sam can not.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »

Offline earl

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Whether EHouse or Rondo is "getting it done" is just a judgement call, not necessarily whether they are scoring or not. Clearly EHouse got the job done tonight with great hustle and defense. More please. ;D

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
It's amazing: that was the best 1-for-5 shooting, 4 point, 1 assist performance I've ever seen.  The team just plays with more enthusiasm and crispness when Eddie is in there.

Yeah, Eddie was a little erratic on the offensive side of things today but the hustle fired everyone up, including the jumbotranced fans :-)

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not to burst anyones buble but the Celtics are undefeated at home when Cassell plays good, plays bad, doesn't play.

The Celtics are undefeated at home when House plays good, plays bad, or doesn't play.

Celtics haven't won on the road no matter how either of these guys play. 

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 08:52:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Personally I don't like the idea of three point guards in the rotation. The tighter the rotation the better in my book. There isn't enough time in the game to be shuffling around the deck like that unless Doc is in a truly desperate position from the other two.

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think House is good for spot minutes at the point, especially at home, but I think he should get more minutes at SG behind Ray.