Author Topic: EDDIE HOUSE~We told you so!  (Read 7746 times)

EDDIE HOUSE~We told you so!
« on: May 18, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Well, myself and a few other guys here, along with Tom Ryan from the Boston Globe, we told you nay-sayers that
Eddie should be playing, and he showed you why. Crisp passing, clutch shooting good "D" just like he did all year. Yee of little vision, I think I deserve a Tommy point here.....!

Re: EDDIE HOUSE~We told you so!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I believe that 99 percent of the posters here were calling for House.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
tommy point, i love eddie house!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Well, myself and a few other guys here, along with Tom Ryan from the Boston Globe, we told you nay-sayers that
Eddie should be playing, and he showed you why. Crisp passing, clutch shooting good "D" just like he did all year. Yee of little vision, I think I deserve a Tommy point here.....!

yeah Tom Ryan is the best...I've read his articles for the last 30 years or so and he really knows the C's - that Tom Ryan...he gives out Tommy points right? Or are they Ryan points? Ah Tom Ryan....
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I can show you about 15 pages of people ripping me to shreds about how stupid I was to call for Sam Cassell to sit on the pine differ with that!! I was lambasted again and again with about 90% of the posts telling me how valuable the guy was and how turnover prone House was. I'm glad to be right though!!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It's amazing: that was the best 1-for-5 shooting, 4 point, 1 assist performance I've ever seen.  The team just plays with more enthusiasm and crispness when Eddie is in there.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 07:37:15 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Anyone hear during the game when Van Gundy recited my sig word for word?

Eddie's instant offense, and he's always energetic baby!

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea let us hope doc doesn't hand the backup minutes back to sam for detroit and call match ups.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 07:39:28 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
It's amazing: that was the best 1-for-5 shooting, 4 point, 1 assist performance I've ever seen.  The team just plays with more enthusiasm and crispness when Eddie is in there.

if it had been sam it would have been 2 for 16, 5 points, 0 assists, and a loss. i'll take eddie's performance anyday.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Yup ... a perfect example of the "intangibles" factor ... Eddie's energy, hustle, and defensive intensity was just huge! I love these guys ... so much heart!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 07:40:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Eddie House played well the first two-thirds of the season, yet many bloggers and pundits were saying that the missing piece on the C's remained a veteran PG who could run the offense when Rondo rests.

Eddie was a terrific lift for this team in the last 2 games and if I were Doc I would go with him the rest of the way.  However, putting the ball in his hands for long stretches is not a good idea.  I'd like to see Rondo in the game for 38 minutes against Detroit with House in for 2 five minutes stretches and perhaps a few more minutes playing with Rondo if Ray isn't hitting and match-ups work (House/ Rondo combo is awful small).

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I can show you about 15 pages of people ripping me to shreds about how stupid I was to call for Sam Cassell to sit on the pine differ with that!! I was lambasted again and again with about 90% of the posts telling me how valuable the guy was and how turnover prone House was. I'm glad to be right though!!

I still think you`re a bit biased when it comes to Sam I am.

That said, you were absolutely right about House.

I apologize.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 07:42:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This team ran on energy and intesity the entire year. Cassell and even PJ Brown at times just ruin our tempo and chemistry. I didnt like how they forced them into the rotation in the regular season and im glad Doc has realized House was such an important factor to our success during the season.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
I think you guys are missing the reason for success with eddie in the game:  SPACING.  Spacing leads to ball movement. Ball movement leads to open looks.  Simple.  Spacing also leads to more one on one coverage as well.  

Eddie opens up everyone else to do their thing.

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
house was much better for the cle and atl matchup.. wonde why doc diddnt realize this.. sam may more be suited for det..

talking about intangibles.. i miss watching scal  :D