Author Topic: Tale of 2 Paul's! Paul WON this game for us  (Read 8257 times)

Re: Tale of 2 Paul's! Paul WON this game for us
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 07:21:01 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
My point is not to rip KG.  I'm sorry if I did that but I'm just frustrated that he gets all the credit when we win and Pierce gets blamed when we lose.  I'm not saying KG hurt us, but he does not really step up in these situations.  I just want paul to get the recognition that he deserves

How is the quote "Where was KG tonight" supposed to be anything but trying to rip KG?!

You can't sit there and make a comment like that and expect that people will interpret that as you complimenting PP. PP was outstanding tonight. No question. KG on the other hand played very good tonight and has been the one constant in this series. Without KG we wouldn't be talking about a game 7 win...

Enough guys --- great game.  PP carried the Green tonight, KG will do it sometime soon.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
My point is not to rip KG.  I'm sorry if I did that but I'm just frustrated that he gets all the credit when we win and Pierce gets blamed when we lose.  I'm not saying KG hurt us, but he does not really step up in these situations.  I just want paul to get the recognition that he deserves

How is the quote "Where was KG tonight" supposed to be anything but trying to rip KG?!

You can't sit there and make a comment like that and expect that people will interpret that as you complimenting PP. PP was outstanding tonight. No question. KG on the other hand played very good tonight and has been the one constant in this series. Without KG we wouldn't be talking about a game 7 win...

Enough guys --- great game.  PP carried the Green tonight, KG will do it sometime soon.

So sorry. I didn't know we didn't have your permission to discuss tonight's game on here. I thought this was a blog or something but I must have misread the title.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 07:23:21 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
Lol, calm yourself down man.  I said I was sorry if it came out like that. I just still think this is Paul's team

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
This is the Pierce I've been waiting for all playoffs. Whatta game.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Lol, calm yourself down man.  I said I was sorry if it came out like that. I just still think this is Paul's team

I don't have an issue with your post disagreeing with me, even though I think you were taking a big undeserved jab at KG  ;)

I don't however think that someone who isn't even in the discussion that is not a moderator ought to be telling people what they are allowed to discuss.

Keep up the posts!

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 07:27:38 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Thank You Paul Pierce..you were beyond amazing tonight- You showed the true heart of a champion and I look forward to seeing more of that beast that emerged tonight in the next 8 wins as we continue our march towards 17....

I never thought Paul Pierce and Larry Bird would be said in comparison out of my mouth but I confess, it did..this game brought me back to the great Dominique vs Bird matchup of 88..PP brought us to the next round and refused to lose today...The last time I remember PP going off like this in a memorable game had to be that crazy one vs the Nets years back...but this one was much more significant in my eyes as the threat of us winning a title this year is very real...

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200

So sorry. I didn't know we didn't have your permission to discuss tonight's game on here. I thought this was a blog or something but I must have misread the title.

EJ -- the dude said he was sorry.  Once someone says sorry where's the point in piling on the argument??
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

EJ -- the dude said he was sorry.  Once someone says sorry where's the point in piling on the argument??

#1 He was contradicting what he said in his other post and I was pointing that out.

#2 I wasn't piling on because I was trading posts with him. I simply pointed out that KG played one heck of a game tonight and outplayed his Cavs counterparts.

#3 YOU were the one that was jumping into the middle of it. What's the point in that?! We were doing just fine without you telling us whether or not we could keep discussing our differing opinion. If he or I didn't want to keep it up it could drop right there.

Thanks for straightening us out though.

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
BACK TO BASKETBALL!!!! What a game!!!! Paul was amazing and I've been waiting so long for this.  Going back to the ECF since 2002!!! I'm so excited and I can't believe I just saw that performance.  PP = All time celtic great

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »

Offline Raygus

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 19
pierce was absolutely incredible. he took on the cavs, the refs, the national media - everybody. i love this guy, always have, and now i get definitive evidence for my "pierce is overlooked" arguments with my cavs-fan friends. just a fantastic day to be a celtic fan.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 07:39:18 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
BACK TO BASKETBALL!!!! What a game!!!! Paul was amazing and I've been waiting so long for this.  Going back to the ECF since 2002!!! I'm so excited and I can't believe I just saw that performance.  PP = All time celtic great

Amen to that!

What I thought he did very well tonight was using the pick to be able to get just enough space to get off that jumper. He hadn't been getting any space to be able to get it off and so was forced to spin wildly to the basket. None of that tonight. When he wasn't open he moved the ball. Other than that one play where Lebron stole it at the end trying to pass around him I thought he used that high pick very well!

I am also convinced that new free throw form is the difference in us moving on. He wouldn;t have hit those in the old days. 11-12 is clutch!!

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Paul Pierce is the Celtics.  The one player who has stuck around.  Where was KG tonight?  He doesn't have what it takes to come up big... I don't want to bash KG but I'm just so frustrated that everyone wants to give him all the credit for this team.  Paul is a hall of famer.  I'm glad he was able to show it on the biggest stage today.

he didn't score, but he did have 13 huge rebounds, great defense, and 15 points. lets not act like he had a terrible game...

But yea, thats the best all around game if seen paul play in his career, because he didn't force anything, i mean, he took his shots in rythm, got assists, and played great D.

an all time game.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 07:45:35 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
Lebron just said Paul is one of his favorit players to watch and has the second best footwork in the league next to kobe... I can't wait to read what the national media says.  And actually the local media because they are the hardest on him

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
Lebron just said Paul is one of his favorit players to watch and has the second best footwork in the league next to kobe... I can't wait to read what the national media says.  And actually the local media because they are the hardest on him

He's one of my favorite players to watch too :-)

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 08:04:16 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
it is pauls team..it's been his team after walker's game fell off..

kevin fans please give paul his spotlight cause if he didnt play the game he had today we would have lost..also i cant wait for kev to put those kind of points on the board..we will need him tuesday..ray too..