Author Topic: Tale of 2 Paul's! Paul WON this game for us  (Read 8255 times)

Tale of 2 Paul's! Paul WON this game for us
« on: May 18, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
That's the way to put the team on your back and carry us on to the conference finals. That was the exact opposite of game 6! That's the Truth!

Re: Tale of 2 Paul's! Paul WON this game for us
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
That's certainly the best all-around game I've seen Pierce play.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Paul was superb. Great performance. That'll do him the world of good heading into the Detroit series. I'm not sure anyone will play him tougher than LeBron did this series.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
WOW!

There's the hero we know and love!

Stack that one up with any of the AllTime clutch Celtics performances.

Great day for Pierce!
Yup

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 06:49:33 PM »

Offline Amir

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 48
The Truth was there for game 6 and is here today. Unbelievable game. The true Celtic.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
this game gaurantees PP will have #34 raised to the rafters some day, a long long time from now

lets just hope Green 17 is up there 1st (and 18, and 19 and....)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 06:55:13 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200

His greatest game ever.  I ripped him after 6 and even had questions early in the first quarter --- but Mr. Pierce impressed tonight.

Now,  can the team hold serve against Detroit and win a possible game on the road?
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
Paul Pierce is the Celtics.  The one player who has stuck around.  Where was KG tonight?  He doesn't have what it takes to come up big... I don't want to bash KG but I'm just so frustrated that everyone wants to give him all the credit for this team.  Paul is a hall of famer.  I'm glad he was able to show it on the biggest stage today.

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 07:02:07 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
That's the way to put the team on your back and carry us on to the conference finals. That was the exact opposite of game 6! That's the Truth!
very well said EJ...great game by the Truth.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
He got great separation off his defenders and did a much better job rising up and getting his shot off today.  If he can play at even 75% of what he did today for the rest of the playoffs we'll be better than fine.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
KG will kiss Paul's feet tonight....without Pierce, we certainly take a vacation.

Paul has been criticized time and again for bonehead plays in the past...but who hasn't..Even the all time greats make bonehead decisions, but if your back is against a wall and you need clutch performers...make no mistake, Paul has it in his blood to step up, and I just loved those type of players....Way to go Paul...and KG,Your the man...Awesome defense.

This is why Detroit lost last season to the Cavs, Lebron Is a phenomenal athlete, He almost did single handedly carried the Cavs once again...But the Piston's do not have a Player in th caliber of Pierce, that is why they lost last yr. and we won this yr.

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 07:10:08 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Paul Pierce is the Celtics.  The one player who has stuck around.  Where was KG tonight?  He doesn't have what it takes to come up big... I don't want to bash KG but I'm just so frustrated that everyone wants to give him all the credit for this team.  Paul is a hall of famer.  I'm glad he was able to show it on the biggest stage today.

He out rebounded Ben 13-4. He had a huge bucket late. Hit two big free throws at the end. He had 3 assists. He had a very good game tonight.

PP took 23 shots tonight. KG wasn't going to get 20+ with everything running through him.

Why the need to rip them apart after winning a big game and moving on to the conference finals?!

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Seriously, agree with EJ, Paul was phenomenal, but without KG anchoring the paint rebounding, we don't win. Unlike the Cavs, the Celtics had a TEAM effort. Everyone from 1-12 contributed with the little things.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
My point is not to rip KG.  I'm sorry if I did that but I'm just frustrated that he gets all the credit when we win and Pierce gets blamed when we lose.  I'm not saying KG hurt us, but he does not really step up in these situations.  I just want paul to get the recognition that he deserves

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
My point is not to rip KG.  I'm sorry if I did that but I'm just frustrated that he gets all the credit when we win and Pierce gets blamed when we lose.  I'm not saying KG hurt us, but he does not really step up in these situations.  I just want paul to get the recognition that he deserves

How is the quote "Where was KG tonight" supposed to be anything but trying to rip KG?!

You can't sit there and make a comment like that and expect that people will interpret that as you complimenting PP. PP was outstanding tonight. No question. KG on the other hand played very good tonight and has been the one constant in this series. Without KG we wouldn't be talking about a game 7 win...