Author Topic: The NBA, where King Flop Happens...  (Read 1756 times)

The NBA, where King Flop Happens...
« on: May 18, 2008, 06:02:30 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I have never been so dissappointed with the state of the nba.  The officiating this year has been terrible, and i believe skillset wise, Lebron has the second best skillset in the league.  Too bad his entire career is tarnished in my opinion.  The mindset and mass marketing of stars in teh NBA, especially james has turned it into a league where if you are big, and can dribble, and have a star name, then you can just dribble, jump and throw some horse crap up and count on the ref's bailing you out 99/100 times.  If he could hit free throws worth a crap, the media would be calling him the best player of all time b/c he would have 60 a game.  I'll never put him in with the likes of russell, jordan, bird, just for that reason.  Great skill, and at no fault of his own, the current state of the game we will never know how good or bad he could be. 

Sorry for the rant, but its frustrating.

Re: The NBA, where King Flop Happens...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
It's hard to play a great player who is protected fiercely by the officials, and that is indeed a marketing decision.

I thought James got away with absolute murder for much of the game, and frankly was shocked when Salvatore didn't bail him out on his last wild, out of control drive to the rack.

The NBA's marketing mindset tarnishes this game.

But today is a blow for team basketball, which finally prevailed.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."