Author Topic: Fatigue  (Read 1865 times)

Fatigue
« on: May 17, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Watching the game last night I noticed that some of the Celtics are looking very tired.  Garnett and Pierce especially.

Do you think fatigue is starting to set in with these guys?  They aren't exactly spring chickens, they are playing a ton of minutes every other night and none of them played this many games in a season before.

Honestly, when the season started and Boston was the hot pick, I didn't think they could win a title because I thought KG, Pierce and Allen would be playing too many minutes and would wear out.

Anyone concerned about this?

Re: Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
With the amount of adrenaline they're going to get from a Game Seven, from the Boston crowd, and from national interest ... I don't energy is going to be an issue next game.

However, I do agree with you, the Celtics looked very tired in Game Six and not for the first time in these playoffs. If they get past the Cavs, I'm worried about it.

Kevin Garnett stood out the most for me last night. I said in the game thread, he was barely getting off the ground on his attempts around the rim. On two plays it looked like he went up to dunk but didn't elevate enough, had to change plans in midair and ended up blocked and missed the other. He's looked like a couple of times this season, but never at home, so I don't expect a repeat tomorrow.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 05:39:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I know I was pretty tired by the end of the game ::)

No, I think they were exhausted because of all the extra energy they had to use to make their 2nd half runs - especially KG, who was leading the charge(s).  Weird how the last minute of the first half and the first couple of minutes of the 2nd half really killed the Celts.  It took the Cavs next to no time (and therefore less effort) to build up a big lead, and it took the Celtics an enormous amount of effort to climb back in.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Tired.  Yes.

Gassed.  Not yet. 

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Pierce is expending a huge amount of energy guarding LeBaby, so it must be hurting him on the offensive end. Posey should have gotten more minutes last night (at the expense of Ray).