Author Topic: Let us will them to victory!  (Read 3035 times)

Let us will them to victory!
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »

Offline celticforever

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
NBA playoffs is no longer a bunch of uber-paid players and coaches figting for rings and bragging rights. As the recent home-victories have shown, it has become a fight between fans. I don't know if our celtic team is championship-caliber. It doesn't matter. Our celtics team has worked hard all year to bring us home-court advantage. We as fans have been given an opportunity to make a difference and win this championship for Boston. If we raise the banner without winning on the road, so be it. We will take the credit and give credit to our team for giving us an opportunity.
The ball is in our court, literally and let us will this team to victory tonight and every night until the banner is raised!

Re: Let us will them to victory!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:29:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think we have a shot to win.  The owners are definitely getting their money's worth... but LeBron is just too good.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
NBA playoffs is no longer a bunch of uber-paid players and coaches figting for rings and bragging rights. As the recent home-victories have shown, it has become a fight between fans. I don't know if our celtic team is championship-caliber. It doesn't matter. Our celtics team has worked hard all year to bring us home-court advantage. We as fans have been given an opportunity to make a difference and win this championship for Boston. If we raise the banner without winning on the road, so be it. We will take the credit and give credit to our team for giving us an opportunity.
The ball is in our court, literally and let us will this team to victory tonight and every night until the banner is raised!

Hey, wait a minute, they get all the money and we have do all the work (and pay exorbitant amounts for the pleasure of doing so).

Sounds like a good deal for the NBA ;)
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
We're winning this game.  The gap between Boston and Cleveland is wide enough at home to make up for our coaching handicap.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 03:46:26 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
We're winning this game.  The gap between Boston and Cleveland is wide enough at home to make up for our coaching handicap.

To put a gambling spin on things, we are favored to win by 8.  ESPN.com has 60% of people thinking the Celtics to win outright.  Of course this doesn't factor in the 8 point spread, so it will be interesting to see how the line shifts between now and tip off.  Either way, most of the money has got to be on the Celtics.

Given the questionable officiating as of late, in addition to the home domination in the 2nd round (with 2 road wins all round - DET@ORL and LAL@UTH), plus the fact that the Spurs are going to win outright on the road Monday night, if I were a betting man, I'd say Boston wins but doesn't cover.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
The odds favour us so they'll let the Cavs win and pick up a huge payday. :)

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics should win this. 

The NBA doesn't have 'away officials'. 

The Celtics have shown they actually play better because someone is motivating them (crowd)

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 09:31:16 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Given the questionable officiating as of late, in addition to the home domination in the 2nd round (with 2 road wins all round - DET@ORL and LAL@UTH), plus the fact that the Spurs are going to win outright on the road Monday night, if I were a betting man, I'd say Boston wins but doesn't cover.

Too bad I didn't take my own advice  ;)
God bless and good night!

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Celtics should win this. 

The NBA doesn't have 'away officials'. 

The Celtics have shown they actually play better because someone is motivating them (crowd)

The Celtics have the talent to win it all. It’s Boston's crowd coaching this team in the playoffs.