Author Topic: Why didn't we foul?  (Read 1607 times)

Why didn't we foul?
« on: May 17, 2008, 07:53:22 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ray Allen makes 2 FTs late in the 4th quarter putting the C's closer 69 to the Cavs 72.

There is 23 seconds left and we do not foul Lebron James when he gets the ball in the backcourt.

We wait until there is 16 seconds then foul......

...but wait that is only the 1st foul in the last 2 minutes of the 4th so we have to foul again to put the Cavs on the line.

WHY???

Why is it our players are unaware of game situations? Is it poor coaching? Did Doc not prepare our guys? Are our players just dumb?

Re: Why didn't we foul?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
They were trying to trap the ball, and cause a turnover.  That almost never works, and I would have preferred the eight seconds back, but that was the reasoning.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Why didn't we foul?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:51:25 AM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
Yes, I dont understand. If we had a foul to give, why not foul Lebron inmediately he touched the ball from out of bounds? Time was of the essence. Didnt the coaches know this??????? WAste 16 secs and then foul? I dont think there was a chance for a different end result, but you either do thingsright or just walk the floor and do nothing.
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine